P700 Seat belt & speed limiter

D

dlrumley

Oct 30, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I own a P700 with less than 50 hours on it. All of the sudden while driving it, it started running horrible like its running out of gas. After checking everything out, I noticed that the seat belt light is flashing even though the seatbelt if buckled. I tried cleaning the belt and buckle and sprayed the magnetic sensor. Did not work. I tried the modification of removing the black part inside the buckle. Even with it out, the seat belt light flashed and the speed was limited. I put the black part back into the buckle and took it to the dealer. The dealer told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks before they can even look at it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Not sure why the removal of the black part modification did not work but it didn't.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I own a P700 with less than 50 hours on it. All of the sudden while driving it, it started running horrible like its running out of gas. After checking everything out, I noticed that the seat belt light is flashing even though the seatbelt if buckled. I tried cleaning the belt and buckle and sprayed the magnetic sensor. Did not work. I tried the modification of removing the black part inside the buckle. Even with it out, the seat belt light flashed and the speed was limited. I put the black part back into the buckle and took it to the dealer. The dealer told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks before they can even look at it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Not sure why the removal of the black part modification did not work but it didn't.
I think the site store has a bypass plug. I'd check your wiring as well for damage.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sounds like a broken wire to me also.

The plug is located between the seat and the air box. Its behind the cover that may need to be removed between the seat and the rear floor board.

I worked on a 700 few weeks back that had wire damage in that area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

dlrumley

Oct 30, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like a broken wire to me also.

The plug is located between the seat and the air box. Its behind the cover that may need to be removed between the seat and the rear floor board.

I worked on a 700 few weeks back that had wire damage in that area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I will check that out.

I did order the bypass too. I am hoping that one of the two will get it running again.

J

Jjdairy

Mar 18, 2021
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I will check that out.

I did order the bypass too. I am hoping that one of the two will get it running again.
Did you find the problem? I have a 2021 that is doing the same thing. It's got warranty but I'd rather not go through the hassle of brining it in to the dealer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!