P700 Seat Belt Speed Limiter

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone else had their machines stall out at 13mph with their seat belts on? I have had it happen on multiple occasions. 2020 700-4. It only happens once per ride, and if I take my foot off the gas, it stops. I should pay more attention if it only happens if I put on my seat belt already in motion, but should not happen at all if my seat belt is on. The belt light is off when it does it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone else had their machines stall out at 13mph with their seat belts on? I have had it happen on multiple occasions. 2020 700-4. It only happens once per ride, and if I take my foot off the gas, it stops. I should pay more attention if it only happens if I put on my seat belt already in motion, but should not happen at all if my seat belt is on. The belt light is off when it does it.
It happened multiple times on my 1000. I would have to buckle and unbuckle to get it to work right. Sometimes it would take multiple times to get it to work. It would piss me off so much especially when I was leading other people. I just bought the seat belt override plug from the club store. Never had a problem since.. There is a way to override it yourself for free. I never looked into it. Good luck.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
It happened multiple times on my 1000. I would have to buckle and unbuckle to get it to work right. Sometimes it would take multiple times to get it to work. It would piss me off so much especially when I was leading other people. I just bought the seat belt override plug from the club store. Never had a problem since.. There is a way to override it yourself for free. I never looked into it. Good luck.
I guess I’m glad mine is not acting that poorly. Just taking my foot off the gas has cleared mine up. I will have to see if it does it if I buckle before putting in gear this weekend.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had it happen when I put on seat belt while still running under the limiter. Hit limiter and it chokes down. I just figured it wants me to put the belt on when stopped. Keep a key in it most of the time so I dont have to remember it

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My p1000 and my dads p500 do this we put the seat belt jumper on them to keep this from happening

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
So glad mine doesnt have this. I see it so many times and as i know its a safety feature. Just annoying that its just another electrical part to fail. Id just delete it if it was mine

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'll have to investigate more, but I believe if I buckle after starting, the machine will still cut out until you come to a COMPLETE stop. That's what mine seems to do.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll have to investigate more, but I believe if I buckle after starting, the machine will still cut out until you come to a COMPLETE stop. That's what mine seems to do.
When mine does it, if I’m buckled, it stops just by taking my foot off the gas. I don’t have to stop.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
So after playing around with it this weekend, it definitely has to do with putting it in gear before buckling up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!