P1000 Seat Belt

S

Shutton

Nov 14, 2020
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought a 100-5 last fall but passenger side seat belt will not retract since first day. I have contacted two dealerships and getting nowhere. Not sure if it’s the dealer or Honda not getting parts out. Any ideas

thanks

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Sowie

Sowie

Dec 7, 2019
Bunnell, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did same thing. I think dirt got into it. Took it halfway apart and spray lubed it up good while pulling on it and it retracted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Sowie

Sowie

Dec 7, 2019
Bunnell, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was a while ago but I believe I took the upper back panel off behind the front seats. You should be able to see the seat belt mechanism enough to start spraying lube in there. Keep tugging on the strap and mine coiled back up. We don’t ride very fast so I put the seatbelt speed bypass on that they sell on the club store and don’t really use them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Same with mine. I used an air nozzle and some old carb cleaner I had laying around. Then I sprayed it down with a great product I use called “motorkote” while tugging on it and it broke free. Has been trouble free for a few years now!

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!