Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
As a short guy (5’6”) with a shorter wife (5’2”), we both find the stock seatbelt position uncomfortable on a full day of riding. We tried the seat belt adjusters like what kids would use but they are a pain to adjust and we havnt been happy with those either. My next thought was just to install 4 point harnesses and a harness bar but have not found anything that everyone seems to agree is “best” comfort wise.
So my next thought was to find a way to lower the upper mount 3-4” with maybe a piece of flat stock and an extra bolt. I’m sure it wouldn’t be as secure and likely to bend with any real crash but I don’t drive on the highway so…. Anyone do something similar?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My wife is 5-3” and we have had the 4 point with the harness bar since around late 16’ish. She loves it and dosnt complain (impressive) about it being uncomfortable. You can make your own, might be a but of work tho.
and u wont find anything we all agree with cuz everyones situation is different.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How are the harness' when your not wearing them? Are they out of the way enough to not feel them on your back?

Reactions: Biteme and Buggyman
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run a set of 3" wide 5 point camlock harness with the Brick City Fab harness bar.

The shoulder straps just tuck above the shoulder behind the seat when not in use. The lap belts can be laid over each other under your butt without discomfort. And the crotch belt just hangs down the front 98% of the time. I will take some pics tonight when I am close to the machine.

Sauksxs

Sauksxs

Jul 10, 2019
Washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run a set of 3" wide 5 point camlock harness with the Brick City Fab harness bar.

The shoulder straps just tuck above the shoulder behind the seat when not in use. The lap belts can be laid over each other under your butt without discomfort. And the crotch belt just hangs down the front 98% of the time. I will take some pics tonight when I am close to the machine.
I’m looking for a harness bar Brick City discontinued them anyone have a recommendation where to find one?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m looking for a harness bar Brick City discontinued them anyone have a recommendation where to find one?
Fab one yourself, just weld it to the ROPS instead of bolting. Many have done this. Or do the bolt to the back of the headrest. I did that for a time. It's an old Jackel mod. It's also in my build

Reactions: Buggyman
Sauksxs

Sauksxs

Jul 10, 2019
Washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fab one yourself, just weld it to the ROPS instead of bolting. Many have done this. Or do the bolt to the back of the headrest. I did that for a time. It's an old Jackel mod. It's also in my build

Sounds good. Not by my welding gear for a few months so though I would do the clamped one but I’m sure I can find a local shop to do our bolt temporary
Thank you

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!