Hondave

Hondave

Mar 25, 2020
Somerset
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Few questions from a newbie.
2020 Pioneer 1000-5D

Taking it to dealer for first 100 mi. service next week, but wondering what y'all thought of these

My seatbelt light continues to flash even though seatbelt is fastened properly. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Clunking sound when gears shift.

What battery will fit in the auxiliary compartment under the hood?

Thanks,
Dave

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Seatbelt light - can you go over 15mph? The seatbelt interlock might not be securely plugged together. The Talon's plug is under the seat, close to the fixed seatbelt buckle.

The shift clunking might simply be the shift solenoid, it's quite loud on my Talon and is something I'm having to get used to - I'm also a SxS newb.

I don't know if the Pioneer is anything like the Talon but just in case -
I XjFXqP5 XL

Reactions: TripleB
Hondave

Hondave

Mar 25, 2020
Somerset
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can do 11 mph, at 12 mph the engine stalls, seatbelt light flashes and speedo flashes. I'll check the connection you mentioned.

I think it may be a normal sound when shifting, but I'll have it checked out.

Thanks!!

Reactions: CID
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This might sound stupid, but make sure you've got your belt in the driver's seatbelt buckle. I heard mine hitting the limiter when my niece was driving it and I went to bust her ass about not being belted in, but she had it clicked into the middle passenger buckle. I could see where a bigger person might click into that one to prevent it from jabbing them in the side.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Had the seat belt issue happen a few times, my brother had that problem on his also. We just removed the magnet from the seat belt receiver and disabled that feature, no further issues.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This might sound stupid, but make sure you've got your belt in the driver's seatbelt buckle. I heard mine hitting the limiter when my niece was driving it and I went to bust her ass about not being belted in, but she had it clicked into the middle passenger buckle. I could see where a bigger person might click into that one to prevent it from jabbing them in the side.
I did this same thing us fat folk have a had time findin that driver side buckle cuz we sittin on it 👍

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing and Adam490

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!