P1000 Second battery and stuff.

C

CaveMan76

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Esko, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Everyone. I am new to the Pioneer world. I recently Purchased a 2016 P1k with a Boss V plow, heater and wiper installed. Now I have purchased the battery 2 kit but it really doesn't show where to connect the wires to. Also will that battery charge with the existing system or do I need to add a battery tender? From what I have read it looks like I should move everything to the second battery to reduce the load on the main is that correct? Ok one last thing the frontend seems to be way out of alignment (toe out) any easy ways to correct that.

Thanks for the help.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Everyone. I am new to the Pioneer world. I recently Purchased a 2016 P1k with a Boss V plow, heater and wiper installed. Now I have purchased the battery 2 kit but it really doesn't show where to connect the wires to. Also will that battery charge with the existing system or do I need to add a battery tender? From what I have read it looks like I should move everything to the second battery to reduce the load on the main is that correct? Ok one last thing the frontend seems to be way out of alignment (toe out) any easy ways to correct that.

Thanks for the help.
For the battery there are kind of 2 ways to go.

1. Run accessories from secondary battery. Link both batteries together but have an isolator that keeps the power in the main battery from dropping too low.

2. Link batteries together with no isolater and make sure you dont leave things turned on. I went with this option and have never had an issue.

Setting the toe you can either use the string method or measure center to center of the tires. Measure front side and back side. Set toe within + - 1/8" of straight. Some like toe in some like it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigOL3
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!