P700 Second battery box needed

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey,

Looking for someone that is good at metal work that could make me a battery box with heat shield to go under driver seat that could fit a battery with 12.5" x 6.75" x 9.5" dimensions.

Having a hard time finding anyone local if anyone knows anyone or is up for the challenge let me know :)

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is there any Heating and AC companies near you ? Call a few and see if they have a local shopbthat builds there metal ducts. Just about any large electrical supply house have someone that builds junction boxs that are odd sizes for them when needed. Or maybe the local high school metal shop could help ya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had called a couple and none of them seemed to even want to consider it. I'll keep trying just figured I'd ask her just in case.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does the local high school have a buildjng trade program? Or maybe community college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd build it for you but I'm guessing shipping cost from west coast to east coast would make it cost prohibitive. If no one else will help you pm me and we can look into it further.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd build it for you but I'm guessing shipping cost from west coast to east coast would make it cost prohibitive. If no one else will help you pm me and we can look into it further.

Was about $20 sent FedEx

Reactions: Tflynn
FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4

thanks man, met a guy out riding this last week that has a shop and is going to slap one together for me. using ohanacreek's design.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
thanks man, met a guy out riding this last week that has a shop and is going to slap one together for me. using ohanacreek's design.
I'd try a local welding shop, but go in person rather than calling them They are going to make much money on it at all, and they would be doing it more as a favor. Or look around the neighborhood for a handy guy with a welding torch - know a farmer or car nut. Take your machine with you so they can see how easy the job will be. You could always buy a little angle stock and make it yourself.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!