P1000 Secondary battery tie-down

rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have recommendations for a tie-down for the dual/secondary battery that will fit into the molded pocket intended for the Honda heater? The shop that installed the Tru isolator didn't bother to install a tie-down, and I'm upgrading the battery to the Odyssey PC925. Figure at 23lbs it better be secured. Thanks

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone have recommendations for a tie-down for the dual/secondary battery that will fit into the molded pocket intended for the Honda heater? The shop that installed the Tru isolator didn't bother to install a tie-down, and I'm upgrading the battery to the Odyssey PC925. Figure at 23lbs it better be secured. Thanks
A step is good. But did u try the search? This has been asked a few times

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
We took a scrap piece of flat stock, put it in a vise, fired up the torch and grabbed a sizable hammer and made a very nice one. Drilled, put it in the blast cabinet and rattle canned it black. The tech helping me is more methodical and conscientious than myself and did one of the cleanest aux battery installs I've seen. I'd make my own if I were you.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We took a scrap piece of flat stock, put it in a vise, fired up the torch and grabbed a sizable hammer and made a very nice one. Drilled, put it in the blast cabinet and rattle canned it black. The tech helping me is more methodical and conscientious than myself and did one of the cleanest aux battery installs I've seen. I'd make my own if I were you.
Sounds too good to be true ....kidding .......pics please ??

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
It's at work back in the shop. I'll take a few and post tomorrow evening or shortly there after.

advertisement
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Here you go

IMG 3005 IMG 3004 IMG 3003

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Just noticed the rubber flap has concealed the tie down. Let me see if I can get some better photos

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On my '21 SE, Honda but a relay/fuse box in that "battery cubby" (dang their hides). I took an easy way out, cut a "cam lock" type nylon cinch strap to two short lengths. Did a shear pull test after applying some nylon strap left-over with hot melt glue to a piece of plastic strap. Held solid enough to hang Dirty Joe from. I used some closed cell foamcompressed between the battery and the displaced relay box to keep tension on (box is on top in the pic):

20210717 165232

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I meant no disrespect to anyone who's posted some nice clean installs on this thread. Anyone who's watched a video or checking out google images, there are some pretty interesting dual battery set-ups on the web.

rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Follow-up, I went with a simple cinch strap through the bottom of the heater pocket. Also extended my battery cables by a foot and connected them to the Odyssey PC925 as the primary using the smaller stock battery for aux work, and reconnected the Tru isolator appropriately. Definitely notice the difference in battery performance when starting the machine, and this was a fairly easy mod that should aid in starting in our low temps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!