BOX1

Seizmik rear view mirror - Anyone using it?

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone using the Seizmik rear view mirror that you mount inside the cab in the middle of the roll bar? And are you running a windshield and do they work together okay? They get good reviews. Just wondering if anyone with a Talon is running one. Please let me know if you have one and what you think. Where we ride side mirrors just get destroyed, so I have to go with a rearview.
Thanks!

Reactions: Russ989 and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think @Lil_Steve has Seizmik side mirrors, not sure if he also got the rearview because of his JEI spare carrier? I'm also in the market for a rear view, the two side views aren't as instinctive for me, for some reason. 🤔

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think @Lil_Steve has Seizmik side mirrors, not sure if he also got the rearview because of his JEI spare carrier? I'm also in the market for a rear view, the two side views aren't as instinctive for me, for some reason. 🤔

I do have the Seizmik side mirrors, but my rear view mirror is the Honda Accessory. It gives me a great view of my spare tire and JEI rack! I had a cheapish rear view mirror that my helmet would hit upon entry, the way it was designed it hung down too low. I got the Honda mirror because it's very streamlined, haven't hit my helmet on it yet. I'm running a SATV flip up windshield and it fits the upper bar no problem.

Reactions: PhilCod and CID
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for the info. I have broken 2 of the $23 mirrors now. One carrying a kayak back, and the latest with my helmet! I also have the SATV windshield.

T

TroyC

Sep 14, 2020
Peoria AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Really like the Seizmik rear view mirror I have in my Talon 4x. The adjustable tension screws lock the mirror in place. The housing is very sturdy. I had to mount the clamp off center due to the roof mounting tab. The problem you will run into is the 2” tube mount included is big and will interfere with a windshield. I tried mounting the mirror stud to the roof mount tab but it wouldn’t hold it tight.

Reactions: CID
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the info. I have broken 2 of the $23 mirrors now. One carrying a kayak back, and the latest with my helmet! I also have the SATV windshield.

The mirror I had wasn't quite as big as this one but it seemed to be in my way more often than not.

61qYGnmRY6L AC SL1000

Here's a picture of the Honda Accessory mirror, the low profile clamp allows it to much higher up, out of your way.

618ge2BoysTL AC SL1200

Here's what it looks like in my Talon, I mounted it sort of upside down to really get it out of my way.

IMG 20200124 211613 L

Reactions: Iowamike and CID
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone using the Seizmik rear view mirror that you mount inside the cab in the middle of the roll bar? And are you running a windshield and do they work together okay? They get good reviews. Just wondering if anyone with a Talon is running one. Please let me know if you have one and what you think. Where we ride side mirrors just get destroyed, so I have to go with a rearview.
Thanks!
I run them on my 1000-5 with no issue but can’t speak to how it works on a Talon.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
This is the one I use, very nice mounting brackets, full panoramic view.

07874BA0 7755 4087 885E 142CE0276494

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the Seizmik side and rear view mirrors. Worked fine with the stock cage. I added a tab for it on the new cage. We run the Honda half windshield so no help with that question but can't imagine it wouldn't work. Can't beat the lifetime warranty on the Seizmik stuff! I lost one of the caps on the bolts on the side mirrors and they sent me 2.
IMG 1892

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I put the Seizmik mirror on and used it over the weekend. It works great, but you have to mount the bracket upside down if you don't want the mirror hanging in the middle of the opening. Plus I have a windshield, so the bracket has to be up under the roof. The bracket has a hole for the bolt, and a nub for a hole in the mirror bracket to go over. But when you mount it upside down you can't do it that way. You just have to put the bolt in and tighten it up. The nub hangs out on the outside. But it held fine, and is great. Pictures below.

IMG 1299 IMG 1298

P

pjones1969

Apr 26, 2021
Allen, Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just purchased the Seizmik 18057 Halo R Rear View Mirror - 2.0in. with Shims for 1.875in., I was hoping I could just mount it to the center roof attachment point, I ended up attaching it to the face of that support, worked really well and gets it up a little higher.

I drilled a 1/2" hole for the "nub" to sit in, then a 5/16" hole for the mirror mounting bolt, used a flat washer, a lock washer and loctite on the M8 hex nut

Mirror Attachament1 Mirror Attachament2

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here's a photo of Steve's Honda rear view in action with the low tire mount on his DRF bed extender. That's me eatin' dust. :oops:

Reactions: Lil_Steve
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I love my seizmick mirror on my pioneer.

I bought one for my talon but had to return it. It was too low with my brick city fab cage and center jump seat.

I ended up going with some koplin side mirrors for my talon. Harder to see out of than the rear view, but they don’t obstruct my forward vision.

8DE82BB6 736B 4A54 9CC6 332A0588B2B2

Reactions: russknight
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here's a photo of Steve's Honda rear view in action with the low tire mount on his DRF bed extender. That's me eatin' dust. :oops:

View attachment 278712

To be clear, I'm using the Honda accessory rear view mirror, not the Seizmik. I also mounted it upside down since I often hit my previous rear view mirror with my helmet when getting in the rig.

Reactions: CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!