P1000 selling general for pioneer?

K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
Hello Everyone:
I have a 2017 General, I like the machine, but is very noisy, I was thinking of selling the general and get a pioneer 1000 limited edition, from what I have been reading the Honda's are much quieter . Can some one chime in that have driven both and tell me is it worth the cost to get the pioneer just so my wife and I can talk while riding.

Thanks
kenner

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Everyone:
I have a 2017 General, I like the machine, but is very noisy, I was thinking of selling the general and get a pioneer 1000 limited edition, from what I have been reading the Honda's are much quieter . Can some one chime in that have driven both and tell me is it worth the cost to get the pioneer just so my wife and I can talk while riding.

Thanks
kenner

I don’t know about the general from driving both but the 1000 is MUCH quieter than the 700.

I have the HMF only for a rear winch but I miss the quiet factory exhaust I could sneak up on deer around the homestead. I rode in a group with a guy in a general this weekend and I’d say it’s maybe halfway between the HMF and the factory exhaust. Not real loud though, relative to a lot of the machines. I think where you’ll notice the difference is at higher rpms the general will run higher rpms than a 1000 due to the nature of the cvt.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Hello Everyone:

Thanks
kenner
Hi,

I have been around both. Both are noisy. The Honda 1000 is going to run 3500 to 5k rpm all day long, I don't care if it's in low or high. I wouldn't sell my Honda to buy a General and I pondered both. 30 mph or less I like my 700-4. No political correct bs from me.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello Everyone:

Thanks
kenner
My two cents: My Polaris didn't idle as quietly as my Honda does, but it didn't get as loud as my Honda does at wide open throttle either. I'd say anything below 30 MPH, the Honda is quieter but things get exponentially louder after that. CVT on the Pol makes engine rev up regardless of speed. Honda's gears let you shift up and get to 30 MPH at less than 4000 rpm.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2017 Pioneer 1000-3 EPS. I installed sound proofing on plastic engine covers under bed. My wife and I communicate easily at any speed. Have windshield, soft doors, soft rear window and hard aftermarket top. Heater fan is louder than engine whine. Exhaust has never been an issue. Really quiet. My old Fourtrax were way louder. I'll probably have this machine till I go to the nursing home. And may just take it with me.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have soundproofed the engine enclosure on every SXS that I’ve owned to try and kill the noise. My P1k sounds like it has an electric motor until around 30mph. It’s literally like talking in a car with the windows down. No yelling, just casual conversation all the way to my destination.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have soundproofed the engine enclosure on every SXS that I’ve owned to try and kill the noise. My P1k sounds like it has an electric motor until around 30mph. It’s literally like talking in a car with the windows down. No yelling, just casual conversation all the way to my destination.
Throw some pictures on here when you get a chance

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have pics but used KillMat on every piece of plastic from the seat to the floorboard. I also used a sticky back insulation (similar to firewall insulation in a car) that has a metallic face on the bottom of the seat. No heat, no noise.

Reactions: BWAF
N

Neilsjoshn

Aug 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer over general all day, my cousin has general 4 and it’s constantly having issues. Overheating blown belts braking axles etc, 1300 miles on my pioneer 1000 5 LE no issues! Once you get past the showroom the Polaris’s fall apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!