P500 Semi-synthetic Honda T4 oil compared to Rotella T6 semi-synthetic and shifting.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
My third change I switched to Motul ester based oil. It’s red and smells like fruit juice.

This thing has never shifted better. Automatic shifts now are same as manual shifts. All the herky jerky stuff it did in auto mode is gone. Starts quicker too.
Which one/weight?

Reactions: Biteme
L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Dallas/Fort Worth area, USA
Ownership

1. 500
We have a 2019 P500 with 525 miles on the odometer, (108 hrs). Changed oil and filter today using Shell's Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil. We noticed an immediate and dramatic improvement in shifting! Quieter and smoother shifts without any clutch adjustment.
1100 miles on it now. The shift issue has faded into distant memory now. Still using T-6 oil.

L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Dallas/Fort Worth area, USA
Ownership

1. 500
The wrench in the dash display will tell you when a service is due. My use trips the "wrench" in the display because of hours, not miles. I'd expect the opposite if one is continually moving instead of idling like me.

ADDED: Pages 93-96 in my 2019 P500M owner's manual has the details.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
Has anyone tried the Amsoil synthetic ATV oils in their Honda SxS?

I use their high zinc/phos synthetic oil for classic/antique vehicles in my antique truck and have been very happy with it. I joined their preferred customer club and get about a 30% discount off retail. Since I already am in the club for the discount, I'm wondering about trying their ATV oil. Curious if anyone has tried it.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
Keep scrolling the main page! Theres is a currant thread going as we speak on this. Plus a $Hit ton on it form yrs ago in the search
What do you consider "the main page"?

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks. New member. I don't own a Talon, so have not spent time much time in that section.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!