Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh boy! You just opened the Hoover dam flood gates with an oil type question 🤣 You can search oil type or Amsoil on here and propogandaGoogle and youll find plenty of answers from this site. But in short, yes its fine to use. I used it once, but cost was a factor for me. Im not gonna say what I use cuz that will open up Hoover dam at full load!:oops:🤣

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wait… your that Get off my lawn guy that hates the POIDH thing! Kinda ED Zachary dont you think?🤣

POIDH goes for rigs for proof of ownership or doing something with your rig thats unseeable. But anyways her it goes….

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I switched my P1K5 over to on the first oil change. It seems to shift smoother and quieter!
I use AMSOIL in just about everything, a fantastic product and have used it for over 25 years in equipment.

Jon M

Jon M

Aug 29, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
For the engine/trans, I use Rotella T6 5W40 for several reasons.
1. Meets the special requirements as specified in the owners manual.
2. High ambient temps in Phoenix contribute to higher operating temps (under equal conditions). 40W provides a little extra protection at high temps (albeit breaks down slightly faster).
3. T6 Oil has some additional detergents that break down soot as well as additives that capture and contain soot.

For the subtrans, I use Lucas 75w90 synthetic.
For differentials, I use Lucas 80-90 bc its designed for hypoid gears.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use Dove dishwashing liquid because it blows bubbles out the exhaust and Biden says I'm being enviromentally friendly. If you build up with this, use scubbing bubbles to once every few thousand miles for a good cleaning. Owe, almost forgot the sub trans, just pack it full of grease and you'll be good to go.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I asked a serious question thanks for the replies. Last time for me here!
Oh C’mon man! Dont have to get sore about it! Life is short, got to laugh at non serious answers! Its all good! Don't leave. We need to know how your oil change, cost and how long you went between changes for the next guy.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
oldbuggy

oldbuggy

Nov 3, 2021
colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X
that’s all that I’ve used in mine from the first oil change on. I love the stuff got it my Chevy truck used it in my grizzly 700 good stuff.

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Better a humorous oil thread than a serious one. Those are deadly.

I used to believe in nothing but OEM oil, but then I found enlightenment and Xenu told me to use nothing but [REDACTED].

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!