Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man I like the look of the LE. I will point out one thing. This is why I won't go to full fox shocks in the rear. I haul too much weight too often to deal with the amount of squat in the rear.
We were full loaded with firewood this last weekend and it hauled it great. Maybe even better however it did squat more. We were pleasantly surprised

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I'll throw this one on here of our trip down the local "gas line" the other day. Pioneer sure looks big compared to a highlifter on like 35 bkt's. Didn't have a problem following it either. Had to put the petal to the plastic in several places. Still picking grass out of all the nooks and crannies.

IMG 1831

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll throw this one on here of our trip down the local "gas line" the other day. Pioneer sure looks big compared to a highlifter on like 35 bkt's. Didn't have a problem following it either. Had to put the petal to the plastic in several places. Still picking grass out of all the nooks and crannies.

View attachment 43819
Nice. Saran wrap windshield?

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Nice. Saran wrap windshield?
Naw it's actually clear vinyl the same as the oem soft rear panel has. I hardly ever use it, but it had been raining that day, and with a few zip ties it's nice to throw on, fold over, or have a full windshield when necessary.

We have it where I work. I get a good deal on 35' at a time.

Rear panel is made from the same material, and I use the old ones for templates for the new ones. Suprisingly clear when new. After a few trips on the local lime rock dirt roads, cut zip ties, make new ones.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Naw it's actually clear vinyl the same as the oem soft rear panel has. I hardly ever use it, but it had been raining that day, and with a few zip ties it's nice to throw on, fold over, or have a full windshield when necessary.

We have it where I work. I get a good deal on 35' at a time.

Rear panel is made from the same material, and I use the old ones for templates for the new ones. Suprisingly clear when new. After a few trips on the local lime rock dirt roads, cut zip ties, make new ones.
If they had tinted vinyl I'd be interested in a couple yards.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Cool idea.
Thanks! I like to think of my P1k as a little mini jeep anyways. I have even made full doors for the winter out of the stuff. I guess if I could round up enough people.... I could start making them.
IMG 13451
Windshield I made out of the clear on my old P500.
IMG 1346

Full doors made out of the clear on the old P500. With a top speed of 45 this worked surprisingly well. With the P1k a new design.
IMG 1668

These are simply plywood with the clear in the center.
IMG 1739

How it looks when new. Notice rear is dirty.
IMG 1745

Ready for the rain. It gets warm inside with it up, but the homemade all weather package made it through riding in both hurricane Hermine, and Mathew.

IMG 13451

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great looking doors.

When winter sets in here....... even with the seat heat...... not enough. I've been trying to figure out just what to do.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Great looking doors.

When winter sets in here....... even with the seat heat...... not enough. I've been trying to figure out just what to do.

I have a sort of a "how to" on building the doors in my garage. When it comes time, and you have any questions, just let me know.

This is only version 1.0 as I plan on refining the design this winter.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a sort of a "how to" on building the doors in my garage. When it comes time, and you have any questions, just let me know.

This is only version 1.0 as I plan on refining the design this winter.

Definitely keep us in the loop with your ideas!

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!