P1000 Share your Pioneer 1000 Photo's

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that winter is here, I'm getting some use out of my "snowcat". Unlike most of you, I have this for work, not play and out here in Oregon, we had a bad storm drop a bunch of snow all across the state the last couple of weeks. I am responsible for supporting numerous remote sites with TV transmitters and microwave systems to provide free over the air TV to communities throughout the region. On Tuesday, I tried driving up to one of the sites with my Ram truck but even chains wouldn't help as the snow was too deep. So I went back on Wednesday with the Honda, got to the site, did the repairs and arrived back home long after dark. That particular site is 3172' above sea level and only 10.6 miles from the Pacific Ocean. The snow at the site was about 3' deep, very wet and sticky and it was raining hard the whole day. But a day working outside always beats a day in the office!

View attachment 312337 View attachment 312338 View attachment 312339 View attachment 312340
That's a Awesome looking machine.

wolf359

wolf359

Nov 23, 2019
Appalachia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that winter is here, I'm getting some use out of my "snowcat". Unlike most of you, I have this for work, not play and out here in Oregon, we had a bad storm drop a bunch of snow all across the state the last couple of weeks. I am responsible for supporting numerous remote sites with TV transmitters and microwave systems to provide free over the air TV to communities throughout the region. On Tuesday, I tried driving up to one of the sites with my Ram truck but even chains wouldn't help as the snow was too deep. So I went back on Wednesday with the Honda, got to the site, did the repairs and arrived back home long after dark. That particular site is 3172' above sea level and only 10.6 miles from the Pacific Ocean. The snow at the site was about 3' deep, very wet and sticky and it was raining hard the whole day. But a day working outside always beats a day in the office!

View attachment 312337 View attachment 312338 View attachment 312339

View attachment 312340
That picture on the trailer looks bad ass! I like your tie down setup. I bet it was hell getting that truck turned around with all that hooked to it.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We use our "Pi" for repeater (HVAC) service too
20211212 1157461
. At 10000+ feet for our lowest service site, I hate that call for service during the winter. We also use the Pioneers during the summer because they are Soooooo much faster than a service vehicles on the absolutely awful access roads that seem requisite for repeater sites here. . Come winter time we try to hitch a ride with a snowcat or an agency tracked UTV if we can because the access roads suck so bad and are never plowed up here. Think sidehill slide offs! Several years ago it was so bad that the EMCOM agency was thinking Helos to get site access. All said, we are ready to roll if needed. The pioneer does it all well. Hopefully we will have our own personal GMRS repeater up and running this summer. That site will at least have a decent road to it.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5. This is my first side by side. I’ve owned an 87 Honda 200SX, an 89 Yamaha Warrior 350 and currently own an 01 Can Am DS650. I’m pretty happy with the Pioneer so far although the suspension seems a little spongey for my tastes. I know the Fox shocks can be adjusted, just need to I guess.

View attachment 293736 View attachment 293737
What windshield is that

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!