P1000 Shifting between 2wd and 4wd

D

Dwight

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas
Does anyone know if you can shift between 2 and 4wd on the fly?

Dwight

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
There is a label on the machine that states you should come to a complete stop before shifting into 4wd.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The manual very specifically and in a number of places states that the vehicle must be completely stopped.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've stated before I've shifted my 700 all the time to and from. 2000+ miles doing so. Received 1000 today seems to do the same fine. Idk. I guess I wouldn't suggest it but I will continue to do so for myself. Maybe I'm not as believing on Honda warnings. I am pretty sure as long as you're NOT spinning tires that it should be like all older trucks you should be able to at least from 2-4. Maybe not the other way possibly but even then. Maybe I wouldn't be at high rate of speed however I've done it and been at 90+ in my pickup same basic setup (ya no lazy button) so can anyone possibly tell me why not to? Mechanical systems as long as everything is in unison it should go fine?!?

Reactions: nbomar
D

Dwight

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas
No problem Ned. I was reading another thread and found that out . Our rzr can be shifted between 2wd and 4wd any time, you just have to let off of the throttle. I use 2wd most of the time, 4wd when needed.

Dwight

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!