Shifting issues P500

B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
need advice on clutch adjustment for my pioneer 500. Saw that there was a video herein but it was removed by Pistonhonda. I'm having the same issues as other500 owners as far as getting stuck in 1st gear going uphill or engine hesitation when shifting and loud "clunks" when it does shift. got about 500 miles on my 2015,

Help!

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Img 0971 jpg
remove "left engine air guide" and insert " seat and rubber flap under drivers seat"

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You may have to fine tune it a bit. @HondaTech has stated that they typically take a bit more than 1/4 turn, and my findings are the same. I do mine hot.

Also, when you test drive, give it several shifts before you pass judgement on if it's right. Mine always seems to shift a bit "off" for those 1st few shifts after being turned off.

Reactions: Rustell and Bigdrag
B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
The pic does not appear to be a SxS. Am I missing something?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The pic does not appear to be a SxS. Am I missing something?
The P500 has the same engine/transmission as the 500 ATV.
That is why the comment to ignore the 'side cover ' and remove the 'under seat rubber flap'.
The adjustment method is exactly the same as the ATV.

Reactions: Bigdrag and 70Bones
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The P500 has the same engine/transmission as the 500 ATV.
That is why the comment to ignore the 'side cover ' and remove the 'under seat rubber flap'.
The adjustment method is exactly the same as the ATV.
Lift up on the back of the lower seat cushion and remove the seat, there's a rubber flap on the drivers side that gives you access to the front side of the engine case where the clutch adjustment is located.

B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
need advice on clutch adjustment for my pioneer 500. Saw that there was a video herein but it was removed by Pistonhonda. I'm having the same issues as other500 owners as far as getting stuck in 1st gear going uphill or engine hesitation when shifting and loud "clunks" when it does shift. got about 500 miles on my 2015,

Help!
Found the on youtube clutch adjust Pioneer 500 honda - YouTube

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!