Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok update is I will not have my new shocks until Monday.Can"t beleve it takes 5 day to get something from the great state of California.
That sucks!!!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
lf the rear shocks have 8 coils and the front have 7 coils isn't that going to make the rear shocks stiffer,when they both have the same amount of travel and distance from top to bottom is also the same on front and back ,but the rear have one more coil.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
lf the rear shocks have 8 coils and the front have 7 coils isn't that going to make the rear shocks stiffer,when they both have the same amount of travel and distance from top to bottom is also the same on front and back ,but the rear have one more coil.
I measured front shock...1".......longer than back
try it....
my biggest deal is Cumming down steep hill...
&
it slamming when ya hit the bottom...at not alot of speed

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I measured front shock...1".......longer than back
try it....
my biggest deal is Cumming down steep hill...
&
it slamming when ya hit the bottom...at not alot of speed
I have the rear set on the softest setting and they are about the same,but my question still is. Is the rear going to be stiffer with one more coil?

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
l would think the rear shocks would stiffer for when you have a load on it.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
l would think the rear shocks would stiffer for when you have a load on it.
The shocks side by side are the same length when not on the sxs,The rear have more weight causing them to be shorter than the front.The reason I wanted this is the adjustability.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The shocks side by side are the same length when not on the sxs,The rear have more weight causing them to be shorter than the front.The reason I wanted this is the adjustability.
let us know if it's worth doing....
& I'm in..
I have the rear set on the softest setting and they are about the same,but my question still is. Is the rear going to be stiffer with one more coil?
... don't think one coil....make that
big of a difference

advertisement
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
let us know if it's worth doing....
& I'm in..

... don't think one coil....make that
big of a difference
All I can say it was worth it to me.You can go from a soft set up to very stiff.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So on what setting are the adjustable equal to the softness of the stock fronts? What differences in ride have you noticed?

Reactions: SBuckJ
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
So on what setting are the adjustable equal to the softness of the stock fronts? What differences in ride have you noticed?
Haven't got to play with it much yet,working to much & 11" of rain these last couple days put a hamper on that. you can go from plush ride to very stiff. The reason I did this is becauss no market is supporting us at the moment.Where I trail ride theres not much speed needed therefor I wanted a plusher ride.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Haven't got to play with it much yet,working to much & 11" of rain these last couple days put a hamper on that. you can go from plush ride to very stiff. The reason I did this is becauss no market is supporting us at the moment.Where I trail ride theres not much speed needed therefor I wanted a plusher ride.
I can cross a rowed up cotton field at an angle and the cab don't have that much of a side to side jerkness like before.

Reactions: SBuckJ
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The 700 took the attention away from the 500, now the 1000 is taking it away from both. Come on aftermarket! Just because we don't have cc's doesn't mean we don't have money we would love to give to you!!!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The 700 took the attention away from the 500, now the 1000 is taking it away from both. Come on aftermarket! Just because we don't have cc's doesn't mean we don't have money we would love to give to you!!!
I hear ya...
someone should

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I notice the rear shock bolts are bigger...also my bike is up in the air now for storage with the shocks fully extended and the rears are 3/4" shorter than front shocks...

Last edited:
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I can cross a rowed up cotton field at an angle and the cab don't have that much of a side to side jerkness like before.
I guess what most of us are wondering (at least me-lol) is at what setting does the rear shock you put on the front, seem like the factory front shock, and do you feel the travel (less bottoming out) is greater...thanks for helping us out :)

Reactions: solrus
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I guess what most of us are wondering (at least me-lol) is at what setting does the rear shock you put on the front, seem like the factory front shock, and do you feel the travel (less bottoming out) is greater...thanks for helping us out :)[/QU
I am wondering the same thing, would it work to stand the shock upright on the floor and have the wife sit on it and measure the compression ,and then do the the same thing with the other shock, you would maybe want to put a 2x4 on top of it first, or maybe not

Reactions: Springer
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Yes the rear bolt is bigger,i removed the rubber & bushing swaping them around.The shock tubs are the same.If U adjust the shock YOU will not bottom out,if you do something gona break.Their that stiff.

advertisement