P700 short hard roof on 700-4?

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
It looks like the Honda brand roof for the 700-2 to me.
That was what I thought but when I looked it up it said the fitment was wrong. I kind of assumed it was the computer being stupid and not me but you never know.

Reactions: Farmer and Lady01
JD1979

JD1979

Oct 2, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was looking at the short top for my 2014 700 4 seater at the dealer today. I also fill tall feeders. I looks like it will fit over the overhead gun rack too. With a plastic tarp the rifle barrels stick out in front. The leading overhang should fix that. Question...will it stay on when on the highway? I understand the 2 seater will not fit on the 4. The Honda short top I looked at is for the 4.
No issues when trailering down the highway. Just need to ensure window is closed before getting up to speed.
JD

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I got the Honda short roof for my 700-4 today from the Honda dealer. It extends forward enough to more than cover the rifle barrels in the overhead gun rack. The butts stick out the back quite a bit but butts don't rust. They said they only stock the short one for the 4 because it will also fit the 2 seater. The 2 will not fit the 4 without cutting notches for the rear side roll bars. No tools required and they installed it in three minutes. I asked if they ever lost one trailering. They said one time with a full windshield and loaded backwards. I got to chose any color as long as it was black. I am sure it is my imagination but I thought it towed better coming home on the Interstate in gusty wind.

SnellTrail

SnellTrail

May 4, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm new here. I purchased mine last year with the factory hard top and loved it.....until I added the 2" coil spacers and went to 28" tires. After installing the new goodies i increased my ground clearance to almost 17". On my way out of my shop to test it out I realized the rise of the factory top was a 1/2" taller than my standard garage door opening. Luckily another owner in the area was looking for a top and I purchased a canvas top. I still had to trim the fiberglass rods to clear the door but it works now. Moral of the story, pay attention of the height when lifting so you don't outgrow a garage, shop, or even worse your trailer. Now if your a fortunate soul who can have their cage chopped then no worries. So if anyone knows of anyone near Northwest Arkansas doing it please let me know.

Gride 106790682 10213651271476457 2765185420095850723 n

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm new here. I purchased mine last year with the factory hard top and loved it.....until I added the 2" coil spacers and went to 28" tires. After installing the new goodies i increased my ground clearance to almost 17". On my way out of my shop to test it out I realized the rise of the factory top was a 1/2" taller than my standard garage door opening. Luckily another owner in the area was looking for a top and I purchased a canvas top. I still had to trim the fiberglass rods to clear the door but it works now. Moral of the story, pay attention of the height when lifting so you don't outgrow a garage, shop, or even worse your trailer. Now if your a fortunate soul who can have their cage chopped then no worries. So if anyone knows of anyone near Northwest Arkansas doing it please let me know.

View attachment 269964 View attachment 269965
Welcome to the group from The Wolverine State!

Reactions: Farmer and Lady01
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Welcome from Indiana. Blue looking good

B

brentmason07

Jun 24, 2021
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What lift did you put in yours? Do Yiu notice any lack of power with the 28’s?

Reactions: Lady01
BigEarlX4

BigEarlX4

Jul 23, 2020
St. Helen, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X4 LV

I had the same issue after installing my 4" portals. I could not fit in the garage afterwards. So I did a 3,5,6 cage chop and now I am same height as I was bone stock.

20210408 174450 HDR

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!