P500 Should have done it a long time ago..

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Same here, just heard others say to be easier on fast turns. For my slow bumpy trail riding, very pleased with disconnected.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I haven’t done this yet on either machine because I drive so aggressively. I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts on whether or not sway bar removal could be compensated for with the addition of wheelspacers

D

Deleted member 3748

I haven’t done this yet on either machine because I drive so aggressively. I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts on whether or not sway bar removal could be compensated for with the addition of wheelspacers

I was trying to find a good engineering video to show the mechanics behind an anti-sway bar and why I won't remove mine. It's the same reason as @Eltobgi , I drive too aggressively and it makes a big difference between rolling or not, especially in a 500 because you're full throttle into turns just to keep up. As for the question, wheel spacers would make a difference because you're widening your stance, but you'll need to do some math or testing to see which spacers you need. They may have to be 24". :D I did find this video from Shock Therapy where they perform the same type of testing we can do... field. They tested stock RZR anti-sway bars vs. the system they sell. You can see it makes a huge difference.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Feeling the extra roll is a bonus! The ASB makes it feel too rigid and abrupt, by the time you feel it you're going over. It puts the rear suspension in handcuffs too and makes for a sh**y ride. Free up the suspension and widen the stance until it feels good. Won't feel as tight slinging corners but makes it better in every other situation.

Reactions: Mudder and Eltobgi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!