100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe consider investing in pharmaceutical companies or anything owned by evil pos bill gates.

Reactions: Rick53
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
also consider cryptocurrencies if were headed into a cashless society. I believe there is a USD crypto. otherwise, I'd invest in food and ammo

Reactions: TripleB
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
If you need to ask here, your better off buying lottery tickets.
With the lotto you already understand it's just a scheme to take your money, but you have to do it anyway just in case.
But you also understand you need to budget how much money to throw away.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I make no claims to having any insight but I do read a lot and here are my takeaways.

Before you buy a stock, you need to ask yourself 3 things.
1. am I willing to own this stock for 10 years?
2. am I willing to put 20% of my available funds into this stock?
3. can I explain what this company does and what are their future plans to an 11 year old.

It doesn't mean that you have to own it for 10 years or put 20% of your money into it but rather it is saying to do your homework and invest in things you well understand. Others say to invest in many companies but it makes more sense to invest in a few that you know and trust.

Now is a rare opportunity to invest. This happens maybe once or twice in a lifetime where company stocks have been devalued for no good reason. People with cash are excited about the bear market. One example is Tesla. You can get in on Telsa at about 60% of what it would have cost just a couple of months ago.
These aren't damaged companies, they have done nothing wrong. It is just hard times in general and their stocks have been dragged down with it.

Many companies with a long track record will more than likely return when normal times return.
Microsoft, Hersey's, Walmart, and Costco are examples.
These are low risk investments where stocks should return back to their normal rates when normal times return.
(You will have to hunt for some of these as Hersey's and others are all well known to everyone else as well and have already moved some of their money into these popular stocks)

Oil companies have recently taken a beating. Gas is cheap so DUH!
But an Exxon exec just purchased 1 million dollars worth of Exxon stock (XOM). So he is convinced that his company has enough cash to endure the bad times and has a product to sell in the future. No doubt, he hopes to double his money and that is a strong commitment from an insider.

With that, there are other stocks to investigate. We all wish we got in on Amazon and Google before they were household names. Young companies with a lot of potiential growth is where risk is higher but rewards are too.

You won't have to read very far to realize that 5G and Cannibus are hot topics this past year.

Car companies, appliance manufacturers all have products ready to launch but cannot until 5G parts and infrastures are in place.
You want to find companies who make 5G micro chips, build or install the new antennas or provide these necessary items for this new technology

Cannibus isn't just pot. There are many trials going on where cannibus oils are seeing success and pharma companies are heavily investing in cannibus. They have other challenges, US law is one, that hasn't kept pace and that also means risk but the some of these companies may be the lottery ticket for those who take that risk with their cash.

If you have cash, then now is the time to start making a list of companies that fit your list.
Proven companies will give your money a boost when the markets return with little risk.
Young companies with new ideas have more risk but also higher potiential.

The best advise I read recently was Warren Buffet's advice just after the 2008 banking/housing meltdown.
He said that when you believe the worst is over, invest. the day or week isn't really important.
It doesn't matter if it still goes up or down for a while because after things calm down, the market will return and you will make money.

So if you have some cash to risk, make a couple of lists, one for low and one for high risk. Do some research, Yahoo financial is a good place to start and see where that leads you. Good luck because we all need some of that.

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know nothing about the stock market, should I invest now?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The short answer is yes. This is my philosophy on stocks and it’s served me well so far.

1.Buy stocks that are essential: communications, utilities, transportation, medical, etc.

2.Buy stocks that you invest in outside of the market: Your vehicle manufacturer, your utility companies, communications, etc. (It’s like paying yourself)

3.Find three stocks that are promising in the future: I bought quite a bit of Amazon when it was $275 +\- per share and it’s done very well for me.

4. Don’t be afraid to take chances, obviously your age determines the risk you should take.

5. Make some money 😂

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Fidelity Contrafund is decent. Like others it has taken a hit recently, but has been a good performer over time.

Reactions: Mudwing
HondaLo

HondaLo

Formerly Angelo
Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2019
Harrison michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I make no claims to having any insight but I do read a lot and here is a bit about what I have learned.

Before you buy a stock, you need to ask yourself 3 things.
1. am I willing to own this stock for 10 years?
2. am I willing to put 20% of my available funds into this stock?
3. can I explain what this company does and what are their future plans to an 11 year old.

It doesn't mean that you have to own it for 10 years or put 20% of your money into it but rather it is saying to do your homework and invest in things you well understand. Others say to invest in many companies but it makes more sense to invest in a few that you know and trust.

Now is a rare opportunity to invest. This happens maybe once or twice in a lifetime where company stocks have been devalued for no good reason. People with cash are excited about the bear market. One example is Tesla. You can get in on Telsa at about 60% of what it would have cost just a couple of months ago.
These aren't damaged companies, they have done nothing wrong. It is just hard times in general and their stocks have been dragged down with it.

Many companies with a long track record will more than likely return when normal times return.
Microsoft, Hersey's, Walmart, and Costco are examples.
These are low risk investments where stocks should return back to their normal rates when normal times return.
(You will have to hunt for some of these as Hersey's and others are all well known to everyone else as well and have already moved some of their money into these popular stocks)

Oil companies have recently taken a beating. Gas is cheap so DUH!
But an Exxon exec just purchased 1 million dollars worth of Exxon stock (XOM). So he is convinced that his company has enough cash to endure the bad times and has a product to sell in the future. No doubt, he hopes to double his money and that is a strong commitment from an insider.

With that, there are other stocks to investigate. We all wish we got in on Amazon and Google before they were household names. Young companies with a lot of potiential growth is where risk is higher but rewards are too.

You won't have to read very far to realize that 5G and Cannibus are hot topics this past year.

Car companies, appliance manufacturers all have products ready to launch but cannot until 5G parts and infrastures are in place.
You want to find companies who make 5G micro chips, build or install the new antennas or provide these necessary items for this new technology

Cannibus isn't just pot. There are many trials going on where cannibus oils are seeing success and pharma companies are heavily investing in cannibus. They have other challenges, US law is one, that hasn't kept pace and that also means risk but the some of these companies may be the lottery ticket for those who take that risk with their cash.

If you have cash, then now is the time to start making a list of companies that fit your list.
Proven companies will give your money a boost when the markets return with little risk.
Young companies with new ideas have more risk but also higher potiential.

The best advise I read recently was Warren Buffet's advice just after the 2008 banking/housing meltdown.
He said that when you believe the worst is over, invest. the day or week isn't really important.
It doesn't matter if it still goes up or down for a while because after things calm down, the market will return and you will make money.

So if you have some cash to risk, make a couple of lists, one for low and one for high risk. Do some research, Yahoo financial is a good place to start and see where that leads you. Good luck because we all need some of that.
Thanks good advice

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick53
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only stock I have was inherited in Abbott industries- pharmaceuticals

J

JTMako

Nov 21, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
There is no place on this earth I would rather be than America. We are the strongest, most blessed country on the planet. We will 100% bounce back from this. Invest if you can afford to do so. It may continue to drop for a bit, but will surely bounce back. Think long term. Buy and hold.

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!