P700 Show Me Your Rocker Panel!

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm going to be picking up a lightly used 2016 700-4 within a week.

I'm trying to get into my head what I wanna do as far as my rocker panel switches go.

I plan on ordering the mounting plate from mystic1219. However, I'd like some ideas on layouts/designs.

I don't know if I should cram everything into that plate for 6 switches using this: Six Position V-Series Switch Holder .

Then drill into mystic1219's custom plate for:
Or... do I want to just get one of these for the voltmeter and USB plugs and put an additional plate into the dash -- https://amazon.com/dp/B01N6TVID9/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I'll also be adding a RAM Mount for my phone somewhere.

Oh, and also putting this in: https://amazon.com/dp/B00VV6YOD6/?tag=sxsweb24-20 (I'm just gonna use the stereo part and probably ditch the speakers.) I plan on doing some sort of Bluetooth overhead bar one day. For now, I'll just be pushing a portable Bluetooth speaker.

I was hoping you guys could post up some pics of your "dash builds" so I could get some ideas.

Any pictures/ideas are much appreciated!

Thank you!!!

J

JTW

IMG 2635 I'm happy with mine from him!

IMG 3011

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Mines not from mystic but one I made
20170308 143754 zpsrbh3yrnu
there are a ton of options out there for usb chargers and volt meters that will fit into a switch slot also I think @mystic1219 probably already has a plate that will accept to usb charger you posted. I know he's very inexpensive and can make custom plates for your needs.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ended up coming out OK.

e14c2c06c5646af7ba10cd9bc7c505d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I wished I would have done your rocker setup. I thought four slots was plenty.haha I was wrong

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
B

BigEddie

Dec 11, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mines not from mystic but one I made
View attachment 38413
there are a ton of options out there for usb chargers and volt meters that will fit into a switch slot also I think @mystic1219 probably already has a plate that will accept to usb charger you posted. I know he's very inexpensive and can make custom plates for your needs.

Looks great, did you have any problems clearing the bar behind the warning plate?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks great, did you have any problems clearing the bar behind the warning plate?
None at all! If you look at from under the hood you can clearly see the area. I recommend starting with a smaller than needed hole for yours switches and enlarging as needed. Slow but sure;)

B

BigEddie

Dec 11, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
None at all! If you look at from under the hood you can clearly see the area. I recommend starting with a smaller than needed hole for yours switches and enlarging as needed. Slow but sure;)
Great, thank you!

Reactions: Eltobgi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!