P700 What is this yellow light? What does it mean? It was flashing this AM.

R

rongopackgo

Apr 26, 2022
Wayne, IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Other Brand

4. 520
Shoot didn’t check that. Does coolant fan run continuously or only after a bit? Didn’t overheat this last driveway I did. Does heater make it over heat? I didn’t have heater on.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Shoot didn’t check that. Does coolant fan run continuously or only after a bit? Didn’t overheat this last driveway I did. Does heater make it over heat? I didn’t have heater on.
fan does not run continuous, not sure the "on temp" but probably north of 195ish......

heater running will help cool the coolant down faster as its just another heat exchanger, its the same as the radiator in concept

when did this heater get put in, when you bought, lately, etc....?

R

rongopackgo

Apr 26, 2022
Wayne, IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Other Brand

4. 520
Heater was installed at purchase by first owner. I figured it would take heat away from engine. I’m going to see about that burping strategy if I can find someone to help me with that. lol

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
you are correct, it will

Still at step 1 in my mind, need to check fan operation and correct direction off the list. Can u take a pic of area behind fan - towards the cab

Reactions: Buggyman
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a thought but I've experienced both power steering light and rad fan issues with a low battery. If you are out plowing snow you are probably using your winch a lot with lights and ........... After I installed the dual battery setup I had no problem. Also the Club store has a fan override switch that I think all Pioneers should have.

R

rongopackgo

Apr 26, 2022
Wayne, IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Other Brand

4. 520
I like the fan switch. Going to see if I have a spot for it. Will also take a photo of fan location and operation. We have 10-20” arriving tomorrow!

IMG 3782 IMG 3783 IMG 3781 IMG 3780

R

rongopackgo

Apr 26, 2022
Wayne, IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Other Brand

4. 520
I do have a spot on the dash for the fan override switch. And it's on sale. I'm going to move to Arizona at some point ASAP and that addition could help there as well. The insides of the hood are awfully crowded. If I move to AZ, I would sell off the heater, the plow, the doors, the hard top, the windshield...strip her down.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do have a spot on the dash for the fan override switch. And it's on sale. I'm going to move to Arizona at some point ASAP and that addition could help there as well. The insides of the hood are awfully crowded. If I move to AZ, I would sell off the heater, the plow, the doors, the hard top, the windshield...strip her down.
Keep me in mind for the plow, the doors and possibly the windshield.
Got a buddy up north here in Michigan that needs help with parts.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will say that it is nice to see questions being asked and replied to.
The best thing to see is the follow up with more info as needed and pics.
Great follow through to everyone.
It is this mentality that makes this the best SXS site.
We bust each other's balls but when help is needed we all jump in as a team to help.

Last edited:
R

rongopackgo

Apr 26, 2022
Wayne, IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Other Brand

4. 520
No doubt. I appreciate the pitching in on answering questions. and tips. When the move to the southwest happens, I'll be sure to reach out and/or post. Would like to sell all to one person if possible.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
hi, whats the update, does fan come on? that switch will do nothing if there is a fan\relay\etc. problem

R

rongopackgo

Apr 26, 2022
Wayne, IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Other Brand

4. 520
Hi fan DOES kick on but I would like it to go on more readily. Or have control over it to keep things cooler. Was. Hey plowing our heavy Midwestern snow last couple of days and only would get temp light after hard pushing in 4wd but I take it out of 4wd and rest a sec and light goes off. EPS was fine after battery charge but did flicker once this AM momentarily. Second battery may be in the cards one of these days too. Turn signals and horn too. Backup light. Maybe a disco ball…

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi fan DOES kick on but I would like it to go on more readily. Or have control over it to keep things cooler. Was. Hey plowing our heavy Midwestern snow last couple of days and only would get temp light after hard pushing in 4wd but I take it out of 4wd and rest a sec and light goes off. EPS was fine after battery charge but did flicker once this AM momentarily. Second battery may be in the cards one of these days too. Turn signals and horn too. Backup light. Maybe a disco ball…
thanks for the update - much appreciated

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
And I'd also be interested in what you leave behind. This week convinced me I still need a plow for my 700D4.

You may want to rethink getting rid of the top and windshield... 7 years in the AZ sun taught me that sand in the face sucks...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!