Sicily Island Offroad - Anybody ever been?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$50 for the weekend doesn't sound bad at all. That's cheaper than what it costs to go to any of these ATV parks around here if you stay for more than a day. If it's good, I'd buy the annual pass for $200 without thinking twice. I'll probably go check it out one weekend between Mulberry and Takeover since my buddy lives over in Alexandria.
If you go, let me know. I might be able to make it too. I have never been, but my son/grandson has been to Sicily Island for XC dirt bike racing several time. I assume it is the same riding area. Not sure about the mud, but understand it has some pretty good hills!

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
If you go, let me know. I might be able to make it too. I have never been, but my son/grandson has been to Sicily Island for XC dirt bike racing several time. I assume it is the same riding area. Not sure about the mud, but understand it has some pretty good hills!
Good deal. I couldn't find much out there other than Jeep/Tacoma/4Runner videos showing the trails. There were a few stock RZR and Can-Am in a few of the videos from the last big event they held out there. Looks like there is plenty of mud just like anywhere else here in LA, but there is a big vein of rock and a lot of elevation change.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good deal. I couldn't find much out there other than Jeep/Tacoma/4Runner videos showing the trails. There were a few stock RZR and Can-Am in a few of the videos from the last big event they held out there. Looks like there is plenty of mud just like anywhere else here in LA, but there is a big vein of rock and a lot of elevation change.
To be that close, it is surely worth trying. I was thinking the place my son had raced was just private land, and not a paid park. But the Sicily Island area definitely has some hills, similar to Tunica Hills area.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
A buddy of mine who had a Jeep recommended this and Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, Tx to me. I guess it’s worth a shot one day but I gathered that it’s mostly large obstacles. Don’t know how much my stock pioneer could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
A buddy of mine who had a Jeep recommended this and Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, Tx to me. I guess it’s worth a shot one day but I gathered that it’s mostly large obstacles. Don’t know how much my stock pioneer could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to TO last year with a stock machine + winch and was REALLY impressed by what these are capable of in stock form. You'll be surprised what she'll go up/through once you get up there.

Reactions: K9Paco
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone ever been here? Looks like a fun place that isn't just a mud hole:

Sicily Island Offroad

@highpocket74 @Alan_Vander
Spoke to my son, he said the area they raced on was near there, but not the same spot. He said he did ride there years ago on a dirtbike, it had some STEEP hills and unbelievable rocks for La.!

• Love
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Spoke to my son, he said the area they raced on was near there, but not the same spot. He said he did ride there years ago on a dirtbike, it had some STEEP hills and unbelievable rocks for La.!
That's what it looks like. When we get back from Mulberry I'll try and put together a weekend trip to go check it out. I'll create an event when I do if anybody else wants to tag along. It'll probably be first or second weekend in March.

Reactions: BigOL3
Jm_obrien

Jm_obrien

Apr 10, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adam, I know I told you earlier but just wanted to put it here too for everyone else that I’m good for either of the last two weekends of March. Personally I’d like to camp but don’t want to camp in the rain so I’ll need to monitor the weather as it gets closer! I think that it could be an awesome time, we’ll always find something good to get into!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Adam, I know I told you earlier but just wanted to put it here too for everyone else that I’m good for either of the last two weekends of March. Personally I’d like to camp but don’t want to camp in the rain so I’ll need to monitor the weather as it gets closer! I think that it could be an awesome time, we’ll always find something good to get into!
For sure! I'll have to check my schedule and see. My little girl's birthday is on 4/10, so I'll have to see what is going on the weekend or two before that.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Jm_obrien @BigOL3 the last weekend of March looks like it will work out for me. You guys just let me know. I'd like to stay Fri-Sat night and head out on Sunday if we go. BigO I know you said you needed to head out Sat evening.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Jm_obrien @BigOL3 the last weekend of March looks like it will work out for me. You guys just let me know. I'd like to stay Fri-Sat night and head out on Sunday if we go. BigO I know you said you needed to head out Sat evening.
Off the top of my head nothing comes to mind of any problem for that Fri/Sat. Waiting on parts to repair CV boot on rear axle right now.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@BigOL3 we might try and hit this place up this weekend. You know, practice our social distancing and what not! I put @Jm_obrien in charge of finding out the specifics.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@BigOL3 we might try and hit this place up this weekend. You know, practice our social distancing and what not! I put @Jm_obrien in charge of finding out the specifics.
OK, I was pushing for next week, trying to get ready but am pretty sure I will not be ready this week. I just started yesterday trying to get my LR apart to get the axle off, not out yet. Having to do it between other 'have tos' that need to be done at home, plus I have a couple of 'paying jobs' to do also. I will be looking forward to that review on Sicily Island Hills!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
OK, I was pushing for next week, trying to get ready but am pretty sure I will not be ready this week. I just started yesterday trying to get my LR apart to get the axle off, not out yet. Having to do it between other 'have tos' that need to be done at home, plus I have a couple of 'paying jobs' to do also. I will be looking forward to that review on Sicily Island Hills!
Gotcha, I'll let ya know how it goes if we do end up heading out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!