Side Mounted Rear View Mirrors

C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
Has anyone tried the Kolpin #78315 side mounted rear view mirrors on the 1 5/8" diameter P500 roll cage tube?
The reviews I've read seem pretty positive and a number of people have said they had to open up the screw holes and some said remove the rubber "liner" to get them to fit the larger tubes (Kolpin specs. say they fit 1.75" tubes).
I'm thinking if they are "tight" on a 1.75", they may fit the P500 tube. I called Kolpin customer service, and the answer was "they should fit". That lack of certainty left me a little cold, so I thought I would ask here if anyone has put them on their P500.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I say order it if u like it and the reviews r good. A1.75 clamp is loose on 1.625. But a old inner tube slither works great to make up the difference with a good and tight fit. When cut to fit... You can't even tell it's there. Plus it want scratch the ROPS...

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I think I have the ones your talking about. I like them but I had to put a thin rubber shim behind the clamp. easy to do
25187c44e85e9a388cef1f2ff0d88ad0

Realtreegrizzly

Realtreegrizzly

Jan 20, 2014
I have the center mount rear view kolpin mirror on mine and it vibrates pretty bad

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
there sales people...... they want your money... my biggest deal would be... wat kinda riding you do... if its tight and theres a chance they will be bumped or hit.... plastic don't do well...

L

leartiste

Nov 28, 2014
Is anyone interested in a deluxe custom-made box for the 500? My box is line-x'd, so nothin slips around; has a low rear wall so nothing will fall out, yet is easy to load, self drains with built in slope on flatbed. Comes with four low-profile hooks and additional cutouts for easy tiedown and clamp work around the property... Will post shots if any interest.

Reactions: Mabe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!