P500 Sideview mirror installation...

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I'm going to do it this weekend. Are there any mounting considerations e.g., low or high to avoid interfering with entering and exiting the vehicle?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm going to do it this weekend. Are there any mounting considerations e.g., low or high to avoid interfering with entering and exiting the vehicle?
Here's how I installed mine. No trouble exiting at all, and when folded in for tight trails, all parts are inside the fender flair.

Reactions: Stoney and TR1
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Good view? For some reason, I guess advertisements, I was inclined to mount them higher up on the cage bar. I like the way those look.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good view? For some reason, I guess advertisements, I was inclined to mount them higher up on the cage bar. I like the way those look.
Yeah, I've seen them that way but two observations, 1, they don't look as good and B, they will interfere with getting in and out. The view is fine assuming you're getting or already received the Koplins, they're very adjustable and the clamps, rubber shims, barrel nut and screw assembly all top notch. Now you cannot see directly behind you like side mirrors on any vehicle, but as you may see from the pic, I have a rear view mirror for that.

Reactions: TR1
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Yeah, I've seen them that way but two observations, 1, they don't look as good and B, they will interfere with getting in and out. The view is fine assuming you're getting or already received the Koplins, they're very adjustable and the clamps, rubber shims, barrel nut and screw assembly all top notch. Now you cannot see directly behind you like side mirrors on any vehicle, but as you may see from the pic, I have a rear view mirror for that.

I have a rearview too. Mounting up higher on the bar, although commonly pictured in advertisements, looks like it might interfere with entering and exiting so I thought I would check with the forum. Unless someone comes up with a more compelling reason to mount it higher, I'll mount like you did.

BTW, what is your winch setup?

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a rearview too. Mounting up higher on the bar, although commonly pictured in advertisements, looks like it might interfere with entering and exiting so I thought I would check with the forum. Unless someone comes up with a more compelling reason to mount it higher, I'll mount like you did.
Not to say that someone won't produce a compelling argument for mounting them higher, they will interfere with getting in and out as I already stated if you mount them up higher. Here's the deal though, you're not drilling any holes, mount them wherever you desire. If you don't like them there, it's twenty minutes to move them somewhere else. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

BTW, what is your winch setup?

To the bolded, it's just a Superwinch 3000

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Not to say that someone won't produce a compelling argument for mounting them higher, they will interfere with getting in and out as I already stated if you mount them up higher. Here's the deal though, you're not drilling any holes, mount them wherever you desire. If you don't like them there, it's twenty minutes to move them somewhere else. ;)
Montecresto, I really like the looks of your side view mirrors....what brand and where did you order??

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!