P500 Kolpin Rear and Side mirror review

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all. Got my Kolpin Universal Rear and Side Mirror kit this week and tried installing it over the weekend. It's an ok product. It's pretty cheap quality and kind of relatively expensive. I order it because the side mirrors have a 2 level segmented mirror, to view straight back and down. I really wanted them so I could see my tire walls when backing up near a tree or rock.

The installation is a pain in the ass. Their plastic bracket system is the same for both the rear and side mirrors, with the sides including some extra metal pieces to re-enforce the clapping effect, but the reality is it's still a cheap plastic bar clamp with 2 bolts and the weakest point will always be the plastic clamp. You can get aluminum bar clamps for cheap that would feel like they'd last longer.

My biggest gripe is the side mirrors cannot be tilt adjusted without loosening a bolt on the inside of the bracket mount. To get to the bolt you have to take the whole mirror off in order to slip a socket in there. With the mirror mount attached there isn't enough room for much of anything to loosen the bolt. With the P5 roll cage you need to tilt the mirror up, otherwise its pointing at the ground on an angle.

Technically they do what they're supposed to, but Kolpin could do a lot better with this product.

I have a KFI front bracket and the a KFI Stealth Winch coming this week. I'll post my experience with it after installation.

Reactions: Morpheus
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!