P1000 size matters?

K

Kevmcal

Dec 31, 2019
Western Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey y'all and Happy New Year!! The 700-4 was a fun and flawless machine for 7000 miles. However, wife and i got the 1000-5 bug (three grandkids that like to go along). Sold the 700-4 and ordered a 1000-5 deluxe. I have a question about tires. The dealer offered 4 spyder rims and 30" Mongrels as we mostly just road ride. Will there be clearance issues if we go with those, without other mods? Based on what i have read here, i would at least need A arms. The dealer did not mention this but what i have read has made me a little nervous. Thanks for any input.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey y'all and Happy New Year!! The 700-4 was a fun and flawless machine for 7000 miles. However, wife and i got the 1000-5 bug (three grandkids that like to go along). Sold the 700-4 and ordered a 1000-5 deluxe. I have a question about tires. The dealer offered 4 spyder rims and 30" Mongrels as we mostly just road ride. Will there be clearance issues if we go with those, without other mods? Based on what i have read here, i would at least need A arms. The dealer did not mention this but what i have read has made me a little nervous. Thanks for any input.
First off congratulations on the new 1000. You will definitely need forward offset A arms to clear the 30s I put 30s on without them and it rubbed like HELL. but if you just road ride I would probably just get 28s and not worry about a arms.

K

Kevmcal

Dec 31, 2019
Western Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
First off congratulations on the new 1000. You will definitely need forward offset A arms to clear the 30s I put 30s on without them and it rubbed like HELL. but if you just road ride I would probably just get 28s and not worry about a arms.
Thanks Isaiah. I guess i just needed someone to confirm it. Not sure why the dealer was recommending 30's but i think i will give him a call. My wife and i just moved back to PA after a year in TN. We had a house down in SE Cleveland. We loved living there and made a lot of friends but my wife could'nt take being away from our kids/grandkids. We found the people in TN to be very friendly. Made it hard to leave. Thanks again. Good luck with the New Year.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Isaiah. I guess i just needed someone to confirm it. Not sure why the dealer was recommending 30's but i think i will give him a call. My wife and i just moved back to PA after a year in TN. We had a house down in SE Cleveland. We loved living there and made a lot of friends but my wife could'nt take being away from our kids/grandkids. We found the people in TN to be very friendly. Made it hard to leave. Thanks again. Good luck with the New Year.
They was probably just wanting to make a buck. I’m not far from Cleveland about 2hrs or so. Post pics when you get the P1k ;) and I hope you got Red because they are the fastest lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!