BOX1

P700 Soft Doors

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seriously considering the OEM Honda soft doors for the winter. Anyone have opinions on them? Not looking for airtight just want a quality product that is not flimsy and rattling.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tag.
I'm going to invest in the Honda oem rear glass soon. Doors next.
They are way too pricey.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I talked to our local (sorta) Honda Sports dealer and was quoted $595 for two doors which they insisted the doors were "much improved" and fit better than the "old doors". I was surprised that Honda would produce a door that wasn't up to their normal standards. I ask if the old doors were produced by a sub-contractor and no one in Parts Department where they came form...no personal confidence there.

I have a partial sheet of 1/4" Lexan and scrap 0.080 6061 alum left over from other projects and was planning to make a back window and whatever it takes to stop the cold air from blowing up my back. Doors may be next

Does anyone have pictures of how the Honda factory back window in fitted?

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just installed mine and they are not the quality of $600! 1bc3ff5e3be273afb6c0cf7d457413d4
02d854aac33087fb38cb522efe3a0313

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slackjaw
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would like to see how the oem doors fit with the hard rear glass OEM back panel.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just went to the shop and turned on bright lights and they opened up many things I didn't notice in the black on black world under the bed. The worst is some contraption connected to the air filter box with a hose or two and something that looks like it belongs in a high-rise bathroom. It's gotta be emissions related and the question is if it suddenly disappeared like someone was installing a snorkel what does that do to the engine timing/fuel mixture or whatever???

If I cut it off just below the "contraption" and put a foam filter in the pipe, what are the potential issues other than water getting in and louder intake sounds?? I can do a 90 or 180 degree turn down and still have fair protection on the intake until I get deeper that maybe knee deep water. I must admit I have no real idea what the change might bring to engine performance. I think...the snorkel will cause the same thing to happen with possibly a too lean (too much air) condition so there probably is a work around or the O2 sensor or somethin will compensate.

Any ideas from folks smarter and more knowledgeable than I??

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just went to the shop and turned on bright lights and they opened up many things I didn't notice in the black on black world under the bed. The worst is some contraption connected to the air filter box with a hose or two and something that looks like it belongs in a high-rise bathroom. It's gotta be emissions related and the question is if it suddenly disappeared like someone was installing a snorkel what does that do to the engine timing/fuel mixture or whatever???

If I cut it off just below the "contraption" and put a foam filter in the pipe, what are the potential issues other than water getting in and louder intake sounds?? I can do a 90 or 180 degree turn down and still have fair protection on the intake until I get deeper that maybe knee deep water. I must admit I have no real idea what the change might bring to engine performance. I think...the snorkel will cause the same thing to happen with possibly a too lean (too much air) condition so there probably is a work around or the O2 sensor or somethin will compensate.

The smart ass answer is.... Soft doors.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm fine with smart ass answers but soft doors doesn't fix my back glass issue. I want something that won't flap in the wind and will keep dust, water, snow and cold off my back side.

Lived in Goldsboro for a few years...great BBQ, fishing and duck hunting...miss the BBQ, country ham and Mount Olive pickles.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm fine with smart ass answers but soft doors doesn't fix my back glass issue. I want something that won't flap in the wind and will keep dust, water, snow and cold off my back side.

Lived in Goldsboro for a few years...great BBQ, fishing and duck hunting...miss the BBQ, country ham and Mount Olive pickles.

Not much happening in Goldsboro except bbq and hunting. The place looks pretty rough.
It could use an ATV park.

I just placed my order for the OEM rear pioneer glass from RMATV. We will see how it works out. Next up is doors. My GF gets cold easily, so she wants an enclosed cab. She uses a seat warmer currently. I anticipate a heater in my future. Is it wrong to hope for global warming?

Screenshot 20201122 194411

IMG 20200907 152245

Reactions: Mudwing
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Understand...my wife has a coat on in the summer. I just bought a heater core, hose and defroster outlet. I'll probably use hose and fittings like I used for my sawdust vacuum system...4" supply from heater and 2" branches to defroster and foot outlets using in-line fans with individual switches. That way wife can toast her tootsies without burning my boots. I am concerned that the engine radiator and heater will not produce enough heat at slow speeds and maybe a remote valve to run the engine cooling from the heater when crawling. Wonder if this has been experienced by others??

Looking at RMATV it looks like they have the back for 1k5...no mention of the P2. Is that the same rear window for the 700-2? They look very nice and I think I'll look at putting a sliding window in mine too.

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

?, Thanks

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered the doors today. I am sure they will take a lot of work to fit right just like the windshield and roof did. I love the 700 but had to do a lot of customization to get rid of the squeaks and rattles. Also had to do some reinforcement on the Honda windshield to keep it from rattling like crazy. I am disappointed in the Honda accessories but with some work I have been able to make them acceptable.

Reactions: Slackjaw
H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hoping that the leaks will prevent the windshield from fogging up

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ordered the doors today. I am sure they will take a lot of work to fit right just like the windshield and roof did. I love the 700 but had to do a lot of customization to get rid of the squeaks and rattles. Also had to do some reinforcement on the Honda windshield to keep it from rattling like crazy. I am disappointed in the Honda accessories but with some work I have been able to make them acceptable.

I'm on the fence between the OEM doors vs the siezmick.

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does siezmick make doors for the 700? I was under the impression they only made soft doors for the 1000

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does siezmick make doors for the 700? I was under the impression they only made soft doors for the 1000

I (ass)umed they did.

Eta: welp, looks like Oem is the only game in town. That sucks.
Siezmick is about 40 mins from my house.
They don't sell direct but I wonder if they might have some scratch and dent items kicking around.

Last edited:
lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
The only options I found were the GCL soft doors (that it appears you need to zip yourself in and out of every time you want to enter/exit the buggy?) and the OEM doors (which open and close with the existing doors) which I ended up purchasing with a dealer discount. Hoping to install this weekend before we get the 4-8" of wet heavy snow they're predicting for Saturday/Sunday. In the same boat as OP where I don't necessarily care about airtight, necessarily, as long I'm not cold and wet while plowing or ice fishing.

Reactions: hadleycat
H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doors installed, I am pretty happy with the doors themselves. Seal up decent, no rattles, and can remove them in about 2 minutes.
Things I didn’t care for were riveting the 2 brackets to the plastic door without a backing washer. I actually drilled an access hole under the bottom bracket so I could put backing washers on the rivets.
The riv-nut style anchor in the top of the door doesn’t work so well in plastic so I again drilled an access hole and put a real riv-nut here with a backing washer.
Doors look good on the machine and mine fit very well!

FADCE2B4 FF0C 497B 8457 0980785E8A9C

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the exa
Doors installed, I am pretty happy with the doors themselves. Seal up decent, no rattles, and can remove them in about 2 minutes.
Things I didn’t care for were riveting the 2 brackets to the plastic door without a backing washer. I actually drilled an access hole under the bottom bracket so I could put backing washers on the rivets.
The riv-nut style anchor in the top of the door doesn’t work so well in plastic so I again drilled an access hole and put a real riv-nut here with a backing washer.
Doors look good on the machine and mine fit very well!

View attachment 240112

I have the same machine as you, hard rear panel, OEM roof. I'm trying to convince myself to buy the oem doors...but ouch!
$300 each???
Goodbye Christmas bonus.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!