BOX1

P700 Soft top on P4

B

BAMASXSRIDER

Feb 6, 2017
ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am thinking about buy a soft top for my P4. Anyone using one have any concerns with them. I live in the south and not looking for a full enclosure, so I don't really need it for any other reason than shade or if I get caught out in a rain while riding. How easy is it to remove and install? Can you trailer with it on? How do they stand up to branches and limbs. I like the hard top, but it i have a clearance issue in my garage and it looks like the soft top would clear where the hard top may not.

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes I have one and bought it in 2014,I love it and it goes on and off quickly. It has not torn or faded .I Trailer it but I made my windshield and attached buttons to keep it down.It literally comes off in 1 minutes and can be put on in 3.it will give if you don't fit.and my riding areas are thick cover always rubbing. 145 dollars can't beat

IMG 0103

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just put one on mine about 2 weeks ago. Same boat as you, I wanted something easy to take on and off and didn't want the added height, and imo it looks a little better than the hard tops. I trimmed down the fiberglass rods about 1.5 inches so they don't prop it up as high.

Reactions: jinx
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
A word of advice on trimming the rods, take a little off at a time because a small amount makes a pretty big difference. Also, I used a hack saw and don't use much force, basically the weight of the saw and make a ring all the way around it before cutting through, otherwise it wants to splinter. Oh, and wear gloves.

Img 0503 jpg31916

P

Phistry815

Oct 25, 2017
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
A word of advice on trimming the rods, take a little off at a time because a small amount makes a pretty big difference. Also, I used a hack saw and don't use much force, basically the weight of the saw and make a ring all the way around it before cutting through, otherwise it wants to splinter. Oh, and wear gloves.

View attachment 34119

Do you have any other pics showing the soft top with the rods cut down 1.5 inches? Did you also cut the one that goes side to side? I’m thinking about doing this because of how much taller they make the whole machine. I just can’t tell too much by this pic. Thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!