P1000 soultion for short vertically challanged driver?

Justin_Pack_SouthernHonda

Dec 7, 2015
Chattanooga Tn.
www.southernhonda.com
I have had several customers ask about options to help their wife/kids reach the pedals. Since the pioneers don't have adjustable seats, I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to make it easier for a short or vertically challenged person to drive the pioneer more comfortably. My first thought is to put something like a pad/cousin behind you, or something on the pedal to make it sit a little higher and closer. Has anyone seen or found any good solutions? One customer mentioned something call "THROTTLE MAXX" to me, has anyone had any experience with this or similar products? Any advice or input would be helpful. Thanks!!

Ac86b4 fb95bd0675b945fa8c9f419dac96c73e7Emv2 d 5312 2988 s 4 2

Reactions: Smitty335
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had several customers ask about options to help their wife/kids reach the pedals. Since the pioneers don't have adjustable seats, I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to make it easier for a short or vertically challenged person to drive the pioneer more comfortably. My first thought is to put something like a pad/cousin behind you, or something on the pedal to make it sit a little higher and closer. Has anyone seen or found any good solutions? One customer mentioned something call "THROTTLE MAXX" to me, has anyone had any experience with this or similar products? Any advice or input would be helpful. Thanks!!

View attachment 27567

My wife is vertically challenged, being 5ft tall. I call her "funsized" :D Anyway, she loves the Throttle Max. I do too. It relieves the pressure on the shins. It takes a bit to get used to, and some people have had them and never got used to it.

J

JTW

My wife is vertically challenged, being 5ft tall. I call her "funsized" :D Anyway, she loves the Throttle Max. I do too. It relieves the pressure on the shins. It takes a bit to get used to, and some people have had them and never got used to it.
Lol...

Reactions: AKRider
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is good to hear my wife is like 5'2" and nearly gave me whiplash last week when she was driving the P1K. I went home and ordered the throttle maxx - it arrived yesterday so our next trip out we will see. She was driving and my son (6 years old) said "momma, I think it is time to let daddy drive again" after about 10 min of her driving lol..

J

JTW

@Eltobgi what is it you're always saying??

Reactions: Eltobgi and AKRider
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 27567
I think you need to come out wit a kit. Throttle Max and sun visors for those of us that have 2 feet of head clearance while in the driver seat at sun rise/sun set. HA

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 27567
I've been using one of these for a while. It took me a while to get used to it, but it does help with throttle control and should help the "vertically challenged" as well... :D

Dec 7, 2015
Chattanooga Tn.
www.southernhonda.com
Does it actually drag on the floor when you push the pedal? It looks like a newat concept but it seems like the design would make it rub/drag on the floor. It seems like it would take a bit to get used to. Thanks for the info!

Jait25

Jait25

Sep 28, 2016
Hope BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It does rub floor but we have had no issue. When I installed I never told my daughter and she drove an hour before noticing. I noticed she was not jerky on the throttle anymore so that sold me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!