Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Many riding parks/areas require it.
Removing it could make it run a little different. But you may not notice.
Removing it will give it a deeper sound if that's what you want.
But removing it, then sinking it in mud will not be good as it could fill up the muffler.
There are no "kits" to change or clean it.
But you can get an aftermarket tip with a screen arrester.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So curious should I just clean the spark arrester or remove it or is there a kit to change it never messed with one before any ideas? Buddy removed his off his ranger 1000
It will be a little louder but it won’t improve performance on a Dyno unless it is truly gunked up.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have found mine doesn't need to be cleaned nearly as often as the manual prescribes. I've set my interval to once a year.

Put a little anti-seize on the three bolts, it'll save you a headache down the road.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have found mine doesn't need to be cleaned nearly as often as the manual prescribes. I've set my interval to once a year.

Put a little anti-seize on the three bolts, it'll save you a headache down the road.
Excellent Protip on the antiseize!

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!