BOX1

P500 Spark plug gap

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Can anyone tell me the spark plug gap for the P5? Pulled my plug today and it’s at .046” seems a little big but I can’t find the gap in the operation manual.

Thanks,

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you are going to go through the trouble of checking the plug gap, you might as well put a new one in.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
If you are going to go through the trouble of checking the plug gap, you might as well put a new one in.
I agree with that but I was doing my valve adjustment and just pulled the plug to make it easier to turn the engine over. While it was out I cleaned, inspected and set the gap. If I would have had a new one on hand I would have stuck it in but would have needed to check the gap on that one too.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
For future reference, most Hondas (including the 500) have plug gap and valve clearance info on a little tag on the frame somewhere.
I don't remember for sure, but I think it is somewhere around the left rear wheel opening on the 500. Beats thumbing through a manual (or phone) with dirty hands.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!