P500 Square plug under muffler?

C

Chooglin

read the manual, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the spark arrest-er

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
According to my foreman manual remove plug insert shop towel into muffler and rev engine about 20 times to remove carbon.

Reactions: Geoff
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I just went and checked it out and it def nothing for the spark arrestor its either a less likely a drain plug or what i think is a afr port for factoy tuning to make sure the cat is doing its job 95% thats the reason lol give or take

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just went and checked it out and it def nothing for the spark arrestor its either a less likely a drain plug or what i think is a afr port for factoy tuning to make sure the cat is doing its job 95% thats the reason lol give or take
Give or take 90% you know lol ;)

Reactions: Geoff and jak9922
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
According to my foreman manual remove plug insert shop towel into muffler and rev engine about 20 times to remove carbon.

Bingo, we have a winner. You take the plug out, block off the normal exhaust tip, then rev a few times to blow built up carbon out the drain port. The P500 has a flower petal type spark arrestor that you have to service occasionally, same as the ATVs. The P700 has a screen type that doesn't need service.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Damn spark arrestor i wish there was a way to remove it with out cutting open the muffler

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info,mine has fallen out this past weekend & didn't know if would hurt any thing.just makes a whistleing sound

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!