P500 What are these 2 connectors under hood?

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
2 connectors on the left side as looking from the front. Looks like previous owner spiced in for power to a switch block.

Wires

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
The red connector looks like the accessory sub harness connector. The accessory sub harness can be purchased to hook up a led light bar, winch, horn, etc. Not sure on the other connector but I will look on my P500 tonight when I get home and see if I can figure it out. BTW, it appears you have a horn that was connected by some other means than the accessory harness, not necessarily bad, but I would check to see what circuit it is spliced into and verify it is fused to a non-critical circuit.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
The red connector looks like the accessory sub harness connector. The accessory sub harness can be purchased to hook up a led light bar, winch, horn, etc. Not sure on the other connector but I will look on my P500 tonight when I get home and see if I can figure it out. BTW, it appears you have a horn that was connected by some other means than the accessory harness, not necessarily bad, but I would check to see what circuit it is spliced into and verify it is fused to a non-critical circuit.

Thanks. It looks like the prior owner installed a switch console that appears to splice into that black connector harness (poorly, I might add, I will clean that up). The switch console is 3 switches, a volt meter/USB connector, and the horn button. I *assume* it is fused, but need to run that down.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500

Hi Keebler, have you had an opportunity to look at those connectors? I just looked through the manual and didn't find anything about them.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think the red one with the cap is the diagnostic connector.

Reactions: Tom_C
Snek

Snek

“Member” huh huh
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2021
Saint Augustine FL
Ownership

1. 500
Red one with cap connects to a subharness (fifteen bucks on Amazon) which will split ignition-on power four ways. I’m using mine for light bars and eventually a stereo

Reactions: Tom_C
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Ah ha. The prior owner had unplugged the 12v power socket to splice in a switch panel and hadn't plugged it back in.

I'll also pick up a sub harness just in case.

Thanks folks.

Reactions: Snek and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!