Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How many posts like this do I have to read until I just snorkel it already?!? I don't know what I'm waiting for but now I'm doing it! Thanks @cthack for pushing me over the edge, this story hit home for me.
Is it possible to do this mod without taking off the rack?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Is it possible to do this mod without taking off the rack?
I tied into the intake right behind the drivers seat. I am sure you could remove the seat back and bottom and access both the fuel line vent and the intake. I think it would be a lot easier with the rack removed though. Unless you have a lot of mods attached you have to remove, it is done fairly quickly, only 8 bolts, with the help of an impact driver, mine comes off and back on again in about 5 mins. The most trouble I had was separating the brake light connector over the right fender well.
Bad picture, but I didn't tie into existing fuel vent. I removed factory vent and installed new vent line, (fuel line) with new hose clamp.
IMG 0834

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I tied into the intake right behind the drivers seat. I am sure you could remove the seat back and bottom and access both the fuel line vent and the intake. I think it would be a lot easier with the rack removed though. Unless you have a lot of mods attached you have to remove, it is done fairly quickly, only 8 bolts, with the help of an impact driver, mine comes off and back on again in about 5 mins. The most trouble I had was separating the brake light connector over the right fender well.
Bad picture, but I didn't tie into existing fuel vent. I removed factory vent and installed new vent line, (fuel line) with new hose clamp.View attachment 21463

Yeah, I'd have a lot to remove. I couldn't just cut off the intake behind the driver's seat and elbow up?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!