P500 Help dead in the water 500

Mbradley42

Mbradley42

Aug 22, 2020
Waynesville NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Started fine, drove it probably 5 miles today, parked it, went to start it again nothing but clicks. finally got the screen to turn on and the check engine light flashes 6 times slowly and 4 times fast so I guess the code is 64 anybody know what you that code is? It seems like a dead battery but it cranked fine all day so I'm not sure any ideas? I'd just rather figure out what's wrong before I go spending money I don't need to @HondaTech @Hondasxs

Last edited:
Mbradley42

Mbradley42

Aug 22, 2020
Waynesville NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It's 12v when ignition is off drops way down when ignition is on or try to start. I checked the connections on the battery they are good and snug. Also the code is 64 not 65. I have it on the charger and it finally shifted to neutral. I'm leaning towards bad battery. I also pulled all the fuses and they looked new.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's 12v when ignition is off drops way down when ignition is on or try to start. I checked the connections on the battery they are good and snug. Also the code is 64 not 65. I have it on the charger and it finally shifted to neutral. I'm leaning towards bad battery. I also pulled all the fuses and they looked new.
What does the bat voltage drop to with key on and with key on while trying to start/crank?

It really shouldn't drop below 10-10.5v while cranking, if it does it's bad. It's not uncommon for a battery to just fail out of the blue. How old is it?

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Ok so our voltage regulator was unplugged from the dealership. You need to check the battery when its running for a charging volt you are looking for 14volts. YouTube how to test the stator for continuity. To me power problems start at where it makes power the motor and follow it till you find it. Could be a battery or something loose even a bad ground

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My bet is on the battery. Just experienced that my P500 would crank but not start on low voltage. Put it on charger and then fired up. PGM- FI system has a fail function and stops the engine if outside of parameters - like a voltage drop.
DTC Code 64-1. Self management relay low voltage (less than 6.5 V) · Engine does not start.

A63644E4 7400 4707 B6F0 C13BB6B897EF

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!