Speaker Cans

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Hey guys. I recently built my own overhead console for my stereo. I also made my own speaker cans to fit 6.5 inch speakers. I'm considering making a few more if anyone is interested. I installed 6.5 inch kicker 2 ways in mine, and I also tried a set of Kenwoods as well. It's a very simple matter of lining up your speakers on the cans and drilling a pilot hole in the plastic to screw in the speakers you choose. I left mine white, but they could painted whatever color you wanted. Crutchfield has the speakers I used on sale right now for $50. They aren't marine speakers, However any 6 1/2 inch speakers should work. I'm thinking $25 for the empty cans. I could probably put together a package with the speakers pictured installed in the cans for $90.
Image Image

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks good.
I'm not sure which way I will go with my radio. But I will keep this in mine when deciding.
Thanks.

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Btw actual ones won't have the screw holes in the side that you see on the bottom one in the second picture. One of these days I'll put up a build thread with my stereo project, and my new back up lights.
Image Image Image

Reactions: Itsalljake
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What's the story with the lights on the tail gate? Where did you run the wires?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!