P1000 Spray foam

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
So I was thinking of spray foaming my doors an bed sides an tail gate. Anything pretty much that is hollow. So I took off one color panel on my doors a drilled a few lil holes. The foam has made such a diffance in sound when u knock on it. An when u shut the door it is more like shutin a car door. ( more postive close) also did the tail gate an the same thing with that. So know that I no it works I'm going to get a bunch of other cans an do the whole rig that I can. Ill post pics an what not when I'm completely done.

Reactions: Tot and Harman24630
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'd be worried about floating at river crossings.

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I'd be worried about floating at river crossings.
At 1700lbs I'm not worried bout 5-6 cans of foam holding up my rig. Plus I don't do a lot of water.

Reactions: Tot
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be more worried about over expansion and blowing out a door or panel

Reactions: joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
At 1700lbs I'm not worried bout 5-6 cans of foam holding up my rig. Plus I don't do a lot of water.
LOL - I wasnt sure if anyone would take me seriously :D

Mud boat instead of mud buggy
I wonder if anyone has made a rudder for the P1K yet

Actually I think its a good idea - let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Tot
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had a genius idea a while back that I was going to fill my 2wheel dolly tires with Great Stuff. Outcome was that once it was in the tube the foam sealed the valve stem not allowing the rest of it to expand and set up inside. Not that it would ever matter but there's a chance the inside of the doors are just gooey stuff and not actually foam. Great idea tho and may do this to mine just filling a little at a time and maybe adding a few more holes just for drying.

Reactions: Madore128
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So I was thinking of spray foaming my doors an bed sides an tail gate. Anything pretty much that is hollow. So I took off one color panel on my doors a drilled a few lil holes. The foam has made such a diffance in sound when u knock on it. An when u shut the door it is more like shutin a car door. ( more postive close) also did the tail gate an the same thing with that. So know that I no it works I'm going to get a bunch of other cans an do the whole rig that I can. Ill post pics an what not when I'm completely done.
P1000 Saggy door fix! $5.It works. Do the roll bars to it kills off lots of noise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!