P700 Spring spacers or lift kit

J

Jevans

Sep 3, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys, ive got a brand new 2016 pioneer 700-4, its all stock, besides the upgraded wheels and tires i got at the dealership 26s, im looking for a little height while riding on the trail, im not looking for a mud monster but in that note i want to be able to hit some decent mud holes and not bottom out, i do have future plans for snorkle, hid lights, a arm guards, and possibly 28s, but to get to my question, would spring spacers be enough, or should i go with a lift kit? Pros and cons. Thanks in advance

Reactions: al700
advertisement
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Hey guys, ive got a brand new 2016 pioneer 700-4, its all stock, besides the upgraded wheels and tires i got at the dealership 26s, im looking for a little height while riding on the trail, im not looking for a mud monster but in that note i want to be able to hit some decent mud holes and not bottom out, i do have future plans for snorkle, hid lights, a arm guards, and possibly 28s, but to get to my question, would spring spacers be enough, or should i go with a lift kit? Pros and cons. Thanks in advance
I had 28 x 11 zillas on mine all way around no problem clearing scrubbed just a little when turned sharp i put spring spacers in front fixed everything and turned shocks up in the back to level it out pros i guess with spacers u don't really put ur ball joints at a angle like a lift would but a lift would give little more clearance just wouldn't put much lift the rear gonna clear find just the front that scrubs at turns spacers on front ur good

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I also should say one inch lift and spacers on front will almost clear 30s till u turn it hits floor board but thats alot more then 28s

J

Jevans

Sep 3, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the advice, so far what I've seen is i don't have enough reach for most of the moderate trails, with a little speed i can slide my skid plate over i would just like to clear it

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the advice, so far what I've seen is i don't have enough reach for most of the moderate trails, with a little speed i can slide my skid plate over i would just like to clear it

Where are you located in AL? I'm in Guntersville and ride a lot with a group of other pioneers.

Here's where we post about our riding. We have a guy with a P700 on true 28" tires and his rubs with a 3" lift and 3.5-3.5" wheels that stick out 1.5" farther than stock

Bull Run ride

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

J

Jevans

Sep 3, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im located in andalusia al, we ride at boggs and boulders, i had read that 28s clear on a stock 700-4, spacers and a 3" lift and he still rubs thats no good, ill have to do some more research what kind of lift does he have?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Im located in andalusia al, we ride at boggs and boulders, i had read that 28s clear on a stock 700-4, spacers and a 3" lift and he still rubs thats no good, ill have to do some more research what kind of lift does he have?

Oh, you're pretty far south to play in the mountains with us.

It's a custom lift but the vehicle first had a high lifter 3" that started to sag. The 28" ITP EVOs are actually 28.25" tall.

Also, I will say that it won't run unless the wheel is turned and it compresses the suspension.

The vehicle was mine at one time and I sold it to a friend. If you're curious, you can read some about it here.

http://hondasxs.com/showcase/traveller-sold.19/

I've got lots of vids of that pioneer in action
On YouTube. Just look for joeymt3 on YouTube and you can see how it does. I hope that helps.

Ask any Q's and I'll be glad to help.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Another thought, a little rubbing doesn't really anything. Some people accept it and some don't. I was a owner that didn't want any rubbing.

You can now get portal gear boxes for it and forward A-arms for bigger tire clearance. That stuff wasn't available when I owned it.

SIGNATURE:

J

Jevans

Sep 3, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks i really appreciate that I'm gonna check it out, if i come up that way ill give you a shout to go ride!

Reactions: joeymt33
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The spacers are the cheapest easiest way to get a couple inches of lift.
Instead of a lift kit I recommend purchasing a set of Can-Am Commander shocks. You can buy them new or search for used (ebay or Can-AM forums). You will gain about 2 inches and the ride will be way smoother than your factory shocks.

You can find more info on this by searching the forum for Can-Am shocks.

advertisement
J

Jevans

Sep 3, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea i was reading some of that forum the other day, i never got to the consensus though, if this works for a 2016 pioneer also if they found one that fit for the rear

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!