BOX1

P700 Squealing front drivetrain

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm getting a squealing from the front drivetrain on my '18 700-4. It's most noticeable at 15-20 mph. It stops when I put it in 4WD. It's very annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? My Pioneer has under 300 miles on it.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm getting a squealing from the front drivetrain on my '18 700-4. It's most noticeable at 15-20 mph. It stops when I put it in 4WD. It's very annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? My Pioneer has under 300 miles on it.
I have a 2018 p2 did same thing .
Loosen upthe 4 bolts that hold the front differential in and put a 2x4 under the front yoke pusy down and tighten bolts . It will move took care of my noise was driving me crazy .
Hope this helps takes 5 min.

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2018 p2 did same thing .
Loosen upthe 4 bolts that hold the front differential in and put a 2x4 under the front yoke pusy down and tighten bolts . It will move took care of my noise was driving me crazy .
Hope this helps takes 5 min.
Thanks! I'll give it a try this weekend when I get back up to my camp.

N

Nighbertn

Mar 19, 2021
Olivet MI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bumping up an old thread that I searched for and found.

Anything since 2019 that helps with the front diff noise? Mine is nearly unbearable on my 2021.

I did a fluid change and it didnt help at all. Also tried to to realign the front diff to no avail.

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi there.
I’m dealing with the same issue on mine. 2021 p520. Definitely something with rotating assembly, it squeaks every time drivetrain makes a full revolution. I noticed on mine the noise seems to be coming from right front wheel somewhere. Changes when I turn hard left or right while moving. Made me think something is stuck between hub and axle near front bearing. I pulled a wheel off yesterday and blew a whole lot of s*** out with compressed air. After that I sprayed crown lubricant in the spaces where the bearings are. Also applied tire wet to axle boots. Haven’t tried it yet to see if problem is gone. Will report back in few days

R

rino4x4

Aug 15, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you ever get it to stop. My brand new 2021 700-4 is doing the same thing. Driving me crazy.

H

HondaTech

Did you ever get it to stop. My brand new 2021 700-4 is doing the same thing. Driving me crazy.

If the noise disappears in 4wd then the front "nub" on the front prop shaft is missing grease.

If it's heard in 2wd/4wd both then the pinion seal needs greased.

I've had some Talons that squealed and needed the rear pinion seal greased.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
R

rino4x4

Aug 15, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
If the noise disappears in 4wd then the front "nub" on the front prop shaft is missing grease.

If it's heard in 2wd/4wd both then the pinion seal needs greased.

I've had some Talons that squealed and needed the rear pinion seal greased.
It stops when i put it n 4wd. So do i need to disconnect input shaft and grease

H

HondaTech

It stops when i put it n 4wd. So do i need to disconnect input shaft and grease

That's what Honda says is the most likely issue.

I've not had any come through out shop,.but they mentioned it in a service newsletter in 2019 for the P700 and some atvs.

H

HondaTech

Thanks. Do you know how to grease it?

They say to use a moly grease.

The pro shaft that runs from the front of the engine to the front differential will need to be accessed.

You really only need to grease the small "nub" on the side that goes into the diff. So sliding the differential forward enough to remove the prop shaft from the rear of the differential should allow you to acces the part.

The nub should have grease on the tip, the lack of grease in that area is causing the noise when it bottoms out in the pinion splines.

R

rino4x4

Aug 15, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you. I will try this. I have only had it since July 16. Just had the first 100 mile service done last week. Looks like they would have noticed it. It sucks to have these issues already. I stay out of the mud.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!