SSV Works 800 Watt Phase EQ custom install with 10” sub.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Back in 21 when I bought my Talon 1000R I pretty much ordered all of my addons in one big swoop. I modeled it after my RZR build that I really liked. I did change stuff that I didn’t love in the RZR.

I had a stage 3 Rockford Fosgate in my rzr and I liked it very much. I like speakers in the pods away from my head. In 2021 the only pods in the footwells was the MRB3 SSV Works kit they made for Honda, only sold by Honda. You couldn’t by the pods separate. I was also faced with the issue if I did a Rockford unit in the cubby I wouldn’t be able to have rocker switches. I’m old school and haven’t tried the newer digital switch panel by auxbeam. I also didn’t want to relocate the speedometer with a printed kit which was the only other option to have both. So I chose to not do a Rockford kit and went with the SSV Works MRB3.

Once I did my machine tear down and installed everything including the audio system which was lackluster compared to my stage 3 in the RZR I quickly found out. What it was missing was bass in my opinion. I ordered a set of a Rockford Fosgate M1 and switched out the SSV speakers in the pods and I accepted it at that point with clarity.

If your still following along, a few weeks ago I saw that SSV Works released a powered Honda 10” sub kit in 2022 that installs under the glovebox only sold by Honda as well. I thought to myself do I really want to spend more money on this setup or switch to something else or keep accepting my existing system. After looking at the prices of other companies and there instructions on cutting out so much plastic from the machine I bought the SSV sub kit from Partzilla which has the cheapest price.

It came in and I installed it, not to bad on the install by the way, easier then the directions portray. Excited to fire it up, it sounded good, it solved the lack of bass. But it still wasn’t what I would like things to sound like. One issue is there isn’t a subwoofer control and for a lot of songs you have to go into the settings and turn the bass all the way down and then everything is good. At this point I was semi-satisfied a normal person would be like that sounds awesome as people told me those very words.

Never satisfied I started looking on SSV site and noticed under universal audio they had an updated MRB3 called the MEB3s that had subwoofer control and can display the song on the screen, but still no usb support for mp3 so I passed but thought hard on it as sub control would had been nice. Next I thought maybe I should add rear speakers but that would go against what I’ve always said about speakers up by my head.

I started looking at what they offered for Canam and Polaris kits and noticed the Phase EQ kits with DSP they were using in their kits. Basically the MRB3 is the brain sending the audio data to the Phase EQ and ithen the Phase EQ controls all audio output.

I called SSV and said I’d like to put together a custom system in my Talon 1000R and work out a deal with them. They warned me there would be no instructions and that they would support where they could with knowledge but it’s truly custom and I would have to figure out a place and get it integrated into my machine.

So they sent me the 800 watt Phase EQ some harnesses and a new 500 watt 1,000 watt peak sub to replace the one in the Honda kit which was a different ohm and only 150 watt and a plate kit to remove the internal sub amp with a new non powered plate as it will get its powered from the new Phase EQ along with my Rockford Fosgates in my pods.

I tried all kinds of spots to put the amp in the dash in my 21 non live valve 1000R and I finally came up with an idea. I had to remove my train air horn compressor “Temporarily” and I measured out an area and custom cut some ABS plastic from the same sheet I made my blue sea fuse panel plate from. Added a piece of rubber on the button where it resets on the lip on one side. It all turned out perfect, check out the pictures. I recessed the screws so the amp could be mounted after installing the plate. It was within the few inches needed of connecting to the mrb3 amp outputs to the Phase EQ inputs. Everything turned out perfect and I even was able to put my mini train horn compressor back underneath.

I am glad I didn’t accept my current setup and kept going at it and have what I wanted. All I can say now is the Phase EQ setup by SSV Works is awesome! It’s got an awesome rocker switch that has ride mode when riding and rock mode when at a campground or stopped or what not. It also controls the bass of the sub, which is a big winner. I can tell you this system is so clear and loud and hits harder then you can imagine. I had a drink in it with me and it looked like a T-Rex was coming in Jurassic park in the drink it hits so hard.

Enjoy the photos, I am now very happy with this custom audio setup. One of a kind for now! Enjoy the pictures and if you read all of this I’m guessing you are in my shoes seeking something better but not swapping everything out and cutting plastic.

Congratulations on making it to the end!

IMG 5417
IMG 5392
IMG 5430
IMG 5408
IMG 5410
IMG 5412
IMG 5414
IMG 5415
IMG 5416
IMG 5419
IMG 5420
IMG 5424
IMG 5422
IMG 5421
IMG 5418
IMG 5429
IMG 5413
IMG 5411
IMG 5409
IMG 5407
IMG 5406
IMG 5405
IMG 5393

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Holy $hit! I aint reading that book. 🤣
But @trigger is the Stereo guru and may be able to help you

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice, Looks like you got it worked in well with the custom plate.
Yes, the plate he made looks great in the pics fo sho!

@Indiana SxS what radio is that, brand. Do u have a link by chance?
IMG 6618

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Yes, the plate he made looks great in the pics fo sho!

@Indiana SxS what radio is that, brand. Do u have a link by chance?
View attachment 394264
It’s a tyt th-8600 gmrs/frs. You can buy them on Amazon, eBay and several other places. They are waterproof and work great.

Rugged radio also has a version of the radio. It fits in the pocket there like a glove without the mounting bracket. All you do is measure how far back the screw holes are in the side. Put it in the cubby and ensure the plastic is pulled back on the side. Then take a metal pick and poke through the side of the cubby and look inside the cubby that the pick is lined up in the screw hole and drill a hole just big enough for the screw and screw in both sides. Put the plastic back on and you’re done. Well, you also have to drill a hole for the cable out the back and caulk it. Enjoy this short novel as well :), I’ve spent some time making everything fit perfect and took photos of the processes. :)

IMG 3069
IMG 3074
IMG 3077
IMG 3075
IMG 3076
IMG 3079

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Can you give me info on the speaker? I cant hear mine in a simular spot.
If you are referring to the two way radio speaker it is a RoadPro RPSP-15. They’re only like 15.00. It makes a big difference vs the talk coming from the cubby hole and if I have my bazooka fans on that I mounted in the seat belt holes on both sides of the Talon.

IMG 4518

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s a tyt th-8600 gmrs/frs. You can buy them on Amazon, eBay and several other places. They are waterproof and work great.

Rugged radio also has a version of the radio. It fits in the pocket there like a glove without the mounting bracket. All you do is measure how far back the screw holes are in the side. Put it in the cubby and ensure the plastic is pulled back on the side. Then take a metal pick and poke through the side of the cubby and look inside the cubby that the pick is lined up in the screw hole and drill a hole just big enough for the screw and screw in both sides. Put the plastic back on and you’re done. Well, you also have to drill a hole for the cable out the back and caulk it. Enjoy this short novel as well :), I’ve spent some time making everything fit perfect and took photos of the processes. :)

View attachment 394273View attachment 394274View attachment 394275View attachment 394276View attachment 394277View attachment 394278
Thanks for the info

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!