P500 startron

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Anyone tried startron enzyme fuel additive?

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I am not familiar with it. Is it a fuel system/injector cleaner?

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I am not familiar with it. Is it a fuel system/injector cleaner?
Supposed to be much better than stabil. Great write ups on this product.Check out their website.Just put some in and will keep you advised.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
fuel additives are greatly undervalued. I have been a diehard seafoam user ever since I added a bottled to my 200k mile F250 and it made a huge difference. Now at every trip to the parts store,or even better northern Tool, I grab a six pack

Reactions: trigger
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
fuel additives are greatly undervalued. I have been a diehard seafoam user ever since I added a bottled to my 200k mile F250 and it made a huge difference. Now at every trip to the parts store,or even better northern Tool, I grab a six pack

Reactions: Moose308
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I agree.Have had good results with Lucas oil in gas engines and opti lube in diesels.Really have high hopes for startron.

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I put Star Tron in all my gas, except my full size on road vehicles.
Description...
Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment is a multifunctional fuel additive which uses a unique enzyme technology that allows all engines to start easily and run smoothly, even when using ethanol-blended fuel or after sitting idle for months. Star Tron allows fuel to burn more completely, which results in maximum performance, fuel efficiency and reliable operation. Star Tron will stabilize fuel for up to two years, preventing the formation of gums and other solids that clog carburetors and fuel injectors. Star Tron helps prevent phase separation by dispersing water throughout fuel as submicron-sized droplets that can be safely eliminated while the engine operates. Star Tron Small Engine formula is ideal for use in all gas engines including; boats, cars, trucks, motorcycles, small equipment as well as engines that use pre-mix fuel.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Seafoam is an aromatic solvent that is very good at dissolving gums and resins, the Startron and the active ingredient in Lucas, and Stabil is an antioxidant to prevent oxidation of the gasoline. I am a chemical engineer with 26 years experience with making and treating finished fuels. If you use your gasoline quickly then you do not need to add anything as all gasoline sold has to pass a corrosion and stability test but they will still degrade over time so additional antioxidant is needed. However once it degrades you cannot fix it only use a solvent like seafoam or extra detergent like the carb and fuel injector cleaners to keep the gums and resins from sticking.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Seafoam is an aromatic solvent that is very good at dissolving gums and resins, the Startron and the active ingredient in Lucas, and Stabil is an antioxidant to prevent oxidation of the gasoline. I am a chemical engineer with 26 years experience with making and treating finished fuels. If you use your gasoline quickly then you do not need to add anything as all gasoline sold has to pass a corrosion and stability test but they will still degrade over time so additional antioxidant is needed. However once it degrades you cannot fix it only use a solvent like seafoam or extra detergent like the carb and fuel injector cleaners to keep the gums and resins from sticking.
Thanks for the info. I do store gas for the generator and rotate every 5 to 6 months. Usually a squirting of Lucas and going to add startron.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Supposed to be much better than stabil.

That wouldn't take much :D. I've seen that junk cause more problems than help. Really gums things up.
BG makes probably the best additives out there, but they are expensive. Not found at the "box" stores, or the disount auto stores. Usually have to get it at a Napa or Carquest parts store.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
That wouldn't take much :D. I've seen that junk cause more problems than help. Really gums things up.
BG makes probably the best additives out there, but they are expensive. Not found at the "box" stores, or the disount auto stores. Usually have to get it at a Napa or Carquest parts store.

I agree on the BG products. I used to own an auto parts store, and sold a lot of it. I had plenty of positive feedback from customers, and used it myself.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Stabil will not gum things up, not adding enough will. There are two main categories of antioxidants for fuel stability, hindered phenols and PDA(pheylinediamine). Stabil is PDA that is diluted with a kerosene type solvent. The BG products are good and are primarily aromatic solvents and detergents.

Once a fuel gums you cannot fix it you can only add detergents(fuel injector/carb cleaner) or solvents(seafoam) to help.

Stabil, Startron, any of the stability additives will work but if the fuel is already degraded it wont help. Also depending on the composition of the gasoline the stability can vary greatly.

I am a Chemical Engineer with 26 years of experience in treating gasoline and diesel and even selling components to the people who bottle the additives.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Stabil will not gum things up, not adding enough will. There are two main categories of antioxidants for fuel stability, hindered phenols and PDA(pheylinediamine). Stabil is PDA that is diluted with a kerosene type solvent. The BG products are good and are primarily aromatic solvents and detergents.

Once a fuel gums you cannot fix it you can only add detergents(fuel injector/carb cleaner) or solvents(seafoam) to help.

Stabil, Startron, any of the stability additives will work but if the fuel is already degraded it wont help. Also depending on the composition of the gasoline the stability can vary greatly.

I am a Chemical Engineer with 26 years of experience in treating gasoline and diesel and even selling components to the people who bottle the additives.

Damn, and here we just thought you were a hillbilly from KY. :)

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Just where I live, travel the US, Canada and occasionally outside the US working on refinery and especially fuel related issues. I was born and raised in West Virginia, so the Hillbilly, now 20+ years in KY so the KYhillbilly. Unlike most of the enginerds I work with I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, riding my P500, boating, snow skiing or whatever else I can get into while sampling a good KY Bourbon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!