EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had some friends invite us to ride at Steelville Mo, Anyone been there and have input on the trails or accommodations?

Thanks

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know of any riding area in Steelville, there are several within a hour or two like Suttons Bluff, Moonlight, St Joe State Park, Flat Nasty Offroad, or Mark Twain National Forest. Did he mention which area the planned ride would be at. Each area has pros and cons.

Reactions: JenElio and EMAW
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't been anywhere else other than finger lakes and Walter's ranch. I need to get out more.

Reactions: Smitty335 and EMAW
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Finger lakes is north of Columbia Missouri, that is several hours from Steelville and it's main draw is the motocross track. There are trails but not alot and they were really rutted last time I was there. If it rains it is a pain getting around because the dirt is mainly clay. I don't know anything about Walter's ranch but their website shows 100 miles of trails on 1500 acres, not bad.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sincerely THANK You for your replies.......I’ve asked for more info from the friend that invited us. I’ll be back when I hear more!
I like to know what I’m getting into when I drive a few hour to ride......lol

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finger lakes has a width limit and is better for 4 wheelers. Our pioneer is too wide. Finger lakes is great for beginners or just a good ride. When it rains it is gross. Walter's ranch is alot of fun but I would recommend being a little informed on how to trail ride. People pretty much do what they want with what they have. No jeeps allowed but some of the RZRs down there get crazy and might as well be as big as a jeep. You can find drunk drivers and people moving very fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be really interested in any places to ride around MO if anyone has any info. My wife and I ride a lot. We have the 5 seater pioneer 1000 and 2 4 wheelers. We live in Central Missouri.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be really interested in any places to ride around MO if anyone has any info. My wife and I ride a lot. We have the 5 seater pioneer 1000 and 2 4 wheelers. We live in Central Missouri.
Just scrolling and ran across this thread. We live in Bourbon Mo. Interstate 44 between STL and Rolla. We mostly go to Cloud 9 ranch south of West Plains. There's also Brazil Creek Campground about 23 miles south of Bourbon on N. Lots of riding out there and actually not far away from Steelville or Potosi on the backroads. Checkout this FB page. They do rides quite often. Facebook

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Palmer lake area outside of Potos. Part of MT National Forest. also Eminence MO is slowly becoming the Silverton CO of Missouri. I was told that you can ride for days and trail camp. There are now guides that will take you out. Mostly national and state forest ground around the current river hills

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
They have TWO places at Lake of the Ozarks. The LOOP and One in Versailles. 500-600 acres I think.
They just opened (Nov 2022) one in Excelsior Springs MO which is about 25 miles NE of Downtown KC.

All three are good places. I dont know if you can camp but you wont cover all of any of them in a single day.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!