P1000 Still a bit confused wheel size

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plumber101010 if the wheel size is a 12" why don't you buy some steel wheels and save some $$.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is a little off topic, but I talked to a rep at a rock bouncing event that I was at and they were racing sxs on the same corse as the bouncers. Come to find out he was from Mickey Thompson and getting opinions and thoughts about tires. It also just so happened that he was staying at the same hotel we were. He saw my p1k and foreman covered with about 400lbs of pure tennessee mud and after a few beers in the parking lot he said Mickey Thompson is getting in the sxs market like many of other known off road companies. He said that they are working on the ultimate sxs tire. He asked me about rocktains bighorn itp etc. I told him as much as I could and even mention this forum for info. So according to him the best sxs tire is about to hit the market soon. I guess well just have to wait and see!

LOL Marketing.... If I was coming out with a new tires to sell mine would be the best too. :p

Reactions: sharp
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Plumber101010 if the wheel size is a 12" why don't you buy some steel wheels and save some $$.

I assumed steel was the cheapest too and that's what I was looking for, or ASSUMED cheapest prices would be steel.

But after doing searchs and setting it for cheapest to highest prices, the cheapest prices I could find was around $65 each and they were all alloy!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
OK this is what is on my PK10005D as for the wheels. the lugs are 4 x 136 12 mm stud. the front wheel is a 7 inch rim and it is a 5x2 as what they are saying here but it is a 1.5 positive offset. The back wheel is 9 inch wheel 6x3 but it to is a 1.5 positive offset. I put the rear wheel on the front and the front on the rear and the only thing that happened was when you turned the wheels all the way on each side the inside of the wheel would rub a wheel stop that is on the A arms on the back side of the A arms. Now if you were to dismount the tire I am sure the measurement would be close to what i said. So I want to put the same tire all the way around and new wheels. I think if I can find them. 10 or 11 inch wide tire on and 8 inch wheel at a 5/3 with a 1 inch positive offset that would make the front 2 inches wider than stock at the wheel. Do the same on the back i will get 1 inch more clearance on the inside, on each side. I THINK I HOPE!

Last edited:
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've found the best place to get wheels is from Jed's Wholesale Tires Inc in Old Fort TN 1-800-517-1777. They are very good and know what fits I've bought several sets over the last few years for myself and friends. I just got a set of aluminum 14" for my Pioneer 1000-5 for $225 delivered.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!