Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I have a new 520 to be delivered in the next couple weeks. I have looked at every thread I can find on windshields, and looked at the manufacturers websites and have narrowed it down to two. Looking for some thoughts if you have experience with either of the two below. I know I do want a glass windshield and trying to decide between these two.

1. EMP LAMINATED GLASS WINDSHIELD
EF608B5D 8764 4C9C B0F5 329014866932

2. UTV 801 GLASS WINDSHIELD
14D53F5F DB28 4B5E 9DF0 ADB1CBBF99C4

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
No personal experience, yet, but I've been in the same research boat. I was originally torn between the EMP and the SxS Windshields. I liked the SxS design better, but it was quite a bit more expensive. Recently discovered the UTV 801 which looks identical to the SxS Windshields version but at a mildly better price. I'll probably end up with it by the time winter rolls around. I don't have a need to access under my hood quickly once I've got everything installed in there because there won't be any room for storage, so the lack of a flap wasn't that big of a dealbreaker for me. However, I don't like how wide the 'margins' are around their glass in comparison to the SxS/801. It looks to be twice as wide. I can only imagine that takes up quite a bit of your view, which I wasn't a fan of.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
No personal experience, yet, but I've been in the same research boat. I was originally torn between the EMP and the SxS Windshields. I liked the SxS design better, but it was quite a bit more expensive. Recently discovered the UTV 801 which looks identical to the SxS Windshields version but at a mildly better price. I'll probably end up with it by the time winter rolls around. I don't have a need to access under my hood quickly once I've got everything installed in there because there won't be any room for storage, so the lack of a flap wasn't that big of a dealbreaker for me. However, I don't like how wide the 'margins' are around their glass in comparison to the SxS/801. It looks to be twice as wide. I can only imagine that takes up quite a bit of your view, which I wasn't a fan of.
I noticed the same thing on the EMP windshield. The EMP also doesn’t say it will work on the 520. I contacted UTV801 with some questions about theirs and was sent several pictures. They were very helpful with my questions. I don’t care to spend the money, just don’t want to regret it later. I plan to mount cube lights at the bottom corners of the windshield and it is doable on the UTV801.

A69CC3DD 592D 4A08 AFE7 261B6501458F

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Reactions: Smitty335 and J80
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
emp glass area to small. 801 looks bigger and better, from the inside where it matters. simple rectangle could be cut at any auto glass shop cheaper, should you break it.

Reactions: Smitty335 and J80
B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I wanted a glass windshield with a wiper. Using a wiper on a poly one scratches it over time. Eventually though I got a poly one because I wanted the flip up design. Being able to lift the windshield when the weather is nice outweighed the glass for me.

advertisement
C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
I have the UTV 801 windshield -from member on here known as "golden" Fred is his name (the one that says USA), my dad just purchased a 500 that has the EMP windshield. So I'm familiar with both. We both have EMP plastic roof -very nice roof by the way. The glass size difference isn't really noticeable, slight nod to the 801 here. The 801 windshield the entire bottom flips up, which can allow a lot of air through when its warm out and it quicker and easier access to remove the hood, which is basically never. The entire EMP windshield pivots up from the top and the bottom has rubber straps attaching to the roll cage. So to remove the hood you disconnect a rubber strap at each side of the windshield and it pivots up. You have to hold it up or put a block of wood or something in it to hold it up while you remove the hood. Nod to the 801 here. Again, so seldom that you need to remove the hood that access is a non issue to me. The vents on the EMP are some slots cut on each side of the bottom with an aluminum plate blocking them. You slide the plate out to get air in. The 801 allows far more air in by opening along the entire bottom. Big nod to the 801 on ventilation. The EMP comes with a hand windshield wiper. Its nothing fancy but works. There are similar on Amazon for about $25. So for $25 savings nod to the EMP on that. Both windshields are quality pieces. Don't know what the price on the 801 is now - last summer I think it was about $75 more than the EMP. After having hands on look at both I'm glad I have the 801. But I don't think you would be disappointed with the EMP. My use requires glass, not plastic. So I think these are the only two glass windshields out there.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Seems hot in the southern summer. I take my full poly off in summer, then use a half or none.

R

rickoshea

I have a new 520 to be delivered in the next couple weeks. I have looked at every thread I can find on windshields, and looked at the manufacturers websites and have narrowed it down to two. Looking for some thoughts if you have experience with either of the two below. I know I do want a glass windshield and trying to decide between these two.

1. EMP LAMINATED GLASS WINDSHIELD
View attachment 261826

2. UTV 801 GLASS WINDSHIELD
View attachment 261827
🤣 I'd hate to be in your shoes when it's time to re tire.seriously,pick one,trash it,try the other.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed the same thing on the EMP windshield. The EMP also doesn’t say it will work on the 520. I contacted UTV801 with some questions about theirs and was sent several pictures. They were very helpful with my questions. I don’t care to spend the money, just don’t want to regret it later. I plan to mount cube lights at the bottom corners of the windshield and it is doable on the UTV801.

View attachment 261877

Who makes those side deflectors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!