William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know how everyone else is measuring tires, but I measured my factory bighorns tonight. I measured them with no weight on them, jacked up off the ground. With recommended tire pressure... This is the only way to measure them. Get a soft tape measure, and measure the circumference of the tire while jacked up off the ground, and divide by pi... Factory bighorns are a little over 27 inches tall... You cannot measure with the vehicle weight on them and then compare them to manufacturers specs. With the weight of the bike on them, they are around 26 inches tall...

ADF37F69 9551 4718 8DE2 10DEF10F9730

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When do you drive it without weight on the tires? Just wondering why you don’t think that is a proper way to measure since it’s the actual measurement in use while driving and will be the factor in ground clearance and wheel well clearance vs an unloaded tire.

Reactions: Isaiah
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When do you drive it without weight on the tires? Just wondering why you don’t think that is a proper way to measure since it’s the actual measurement in use while driving and will be the factor in ground clearance and wheel well clearance vs an unloaded tire.
Do u measure ground clearance with 5 people in it ?

Reactions: William and Isaiah
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is how all manufacturers measure tire height. If everyone measures differently, none of it would make sense... Also with each machine being a different weight, the measurements would never be the same on different bikes.

Reactions: Isaiah
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do u measure ground clearance with 5 people in it ?
So your baseline is with it jacked up with the wheels off the ground? Maybe we should ratchet strap the shocks down while we’re at it 😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!