BOX1

P700m2 Stock Cage Chop

clutchahonda

clutchahonda

Mar 31, 2015
I couldn't take the overly tall cage design anymore. So I decided to chop the cage 5"s.
Not only did I have to lengthen, but I had to widen it for the sleeves to match up from the sections removed.. Added two cross bars in the back for strength. I'm very pleased with the results and in my opinion should have been this height from the factory.. Let me know your thoughts please!
Have a great day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 5,199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 1,784
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 3,588
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 1,426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 2,458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 2,035
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks awesome!!! You did a great job, I'm planning to build me a new cage soon, looking at yours helps me to see what I want mine to look like! How do you like it? And how do you like the 4 point harness seat belts?

clutchahonda

clutchahonda

Mar 31, 2015
Sweet.. looks good. Do u have enough head room?
I'm 5'10" and have to lean to get in. The side bars are lower, but plenty of headroom and can even use the OEM Honda quick clamp roof..

Reactions: bobbyhill
clutchahonda

clutchahonda

Mar 31, 2015
Looks awesome!!! You did a great job, I'm planning to build me a new cage soon, looking at yours helps me to see what I want mine to look like! How do you like it? And how do you like the 4 point harness seat belts?
Thank you! I love the harnesses, makes me feel so much more secure at higher speeds..

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
i really like that last picture, I don't know about anyone else, but its hard to get the whole picture without seeing someone actually sitting in there for size comparison, but I like it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@clutchahonda Lookin good!. May be a sweet setup with those 4 point restraints but with regular seatbelts a headache waiting to happed, lolz

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Very Slick!

H

hydrantman

Looks Great should be able to get into places the old clearance had problems with, stance looks meaner.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great! I'd love to give my 1k5 a haircut too, it's too tall to fit in the garage without scraping the roof.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!