Stock rims 14"

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a set of stock rims off a Honda 1000-5 deluxe 14" I own the same buggy. Can i use the fronts wheels, front and back to have the same tire size all around? I'm trying to put street legal tires on my Buggy. I've read here that the rear tires won't work on the front. I do a lot of driving on the road to get where I'm going, and thought an aggressive street tire would be better than stock off road tire that came on my Honda. Sorry no Pictures, Do you really want to see a picture of the wheels at this time. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: NewHere2
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you seen this done? Just trying to save a buck or two. Does this make sense to do it this way? Still won't have a spare; but will have an extra four wheels that only fit on the back.
Saving cash in the long haul….you might want to consider buying a full set of 15” rims and then get LT tires on them. They will wear way better than SxS/ATV tires. Just something to consider. There are several members here that have done it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have you seen this done? Just trying to save a buck or two. Does this make sense to do it this way? Still won't have a spare; but will have an extra four wheels that only fit on the back.
Yup, me 7 yrs ago and today.
top pic is currant and with LT’s 15” wheel
26D8D6E1 14CF 4B8A 82DA 8229F841F644
4AE48441 FEB2 4D0D B63C 2B1A063A8837

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks that's what I'm looking for that's looks great. But can I do that using 14" wheels with like 29 or 30" LT tires. I've already have Wheels? Good looking Rig

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks that's what I'm looking for that's looks great. But can I do that using 14" wheels with like 29 or 30" LT tires. I've already have Wheels? Good looking Rig
Should be. Will be a tall tire. Will just have to do it and see what it look like in person. Trial and error!
thats how most of us have done things around here ;)

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Like Remi said, yes you CAN do it but the issue will be to find an LT tire for a 14" wheel. Harder then it should be, which is why most people go up to a more common 15" wheel.

If you find some good LTs for 14" wheels post up a link, it's what I wanted to do as well untill I ran into sizing issues with 14" wheels too.

Good luck

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Remi said, yes you CAN do it but the issue will be to find an LT tire for a 14" wheel. Harder then it should be, which is why most people go up to a more common 15" wheel.

If you find some good LTs for 14" wheels post up a link, it's what I wanted to do as well untill I ran into sizing issues with 14" wheels too.

Good luck
Ed Zachery!!!

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know its been said here about how tall of a tire I can go with and how wide with the stock front wheels without lifting. So far ypu guys have been great in your help. Thanks again. This is a great forum for this old knucklehead to learn from. Thanks from Virginia.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am currently running 4 front tires all the way around on my machine without any trouble. I had 2 spare front rims that I picked up this summer for spare tires. This fall I ended up getting a rear flat and used one of these front tires on the rear. The tire was not repairable so I decided I would just run the same size all the way around. I've been using my other rear tire as a spare as I could get it to work if I need too. I like the 14" deluxe rims and will put some LT tires on them this spring. There are a few 27x8.5R14 tires out there that I am planning on running. There are some on here that have put some 14" General Grabbers on their machine, but I like the look of some of the Maxxis tires.

I think the general rule is that 28's are the biggest tire you can run on the front without any modifications. Most people with 29-30 inch tires have to upgrade the A Arms to make them work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!