Will deluxe 14" rim lug nuts work on 14" inch tusk rims ? Or is there something different ?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There are two types of lug nuts as far as how they contact the rim. One is conical or a rounded contact, that is the OEM style I'm pretty sure, but may have it mixed up. The second type is taper which is a symmetrical taper not rounded. Most aftermarket wheels are of the taper style thus requires tapered lug nuts to seat correctly.

While using one or the other in a pinch to get back to trailer, long term interchangeable use will likely not stay tight and damage the holes in the aluminum wheels by mismatched steel lug nuts.

Best to verify which style lug nuts the wheels take and order accordingly. To add further issues some wheels need a specific nut style to fit in the machined hole with only room for a thin wall socket. Being a TUSK wheel, RMATV.com should have the information and recommended nuts to fit that particular wheel.

Good luck, choose carefully.

Reactions: ChadD
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I can only tell you about using oem 12" steel wheel lug nuts with oem 14" aluminum wheels.

I replaced my steel 12" base wheels with 14" aluminum deluxe wheels using the original lug nuts. They fit correctly, centered as they should, and torqued to 80 psi as they were supposed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: SP82 and ChadD
SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
No. First the oem Honda wheels are a “ball” seat. The are more rounded than tapered. Second the tusk wheels lug holes are very small. You’ll need spline tuners. Amazon eBay eve your local auto parts store ( I got my black ones at oriellys ) local tires shop etc should have these on stock. Common thread pitch.
Even if they do fit , they don’t I just did this swap, the issue is the contact area on the rim doesn’t sit correctly. Causing lugs to loosen , wheels fall of etc. How would I know this ? I worked at an America’s tire for 5 years high school / college , civics accords fits even the ridge line truck all use the same style. When you would put aftermarket wheels you needed lug nuts regardless. Saw a few cars learn the hard way. Hope that helps.
Also to the poster above , my oem Honda manual says 97lbs for the p1000. Mines a 2020 but I doubt that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: GrnP500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!