P700 Stock rims max tire with

G

gsu6100

Nov 25, 2014
I need to replace the stock tires on my 700-4. About 95% of the year my girls ride on pavement. I have stock rims. I was looking at the GBC Kanati Mongrel 27x9.00R12 Front and 27X11.00R12 in the Rear. They say these work well on pavement. During hunting season I'm on timber leases so every road/trail is packed well so not many bad mud holes. Even took it out yesterday when it was muddy and the tires are bald now and it still did fine.

Would it be ok to run the GBC Kanati Mongrel 27x9.00R12 Front and 27X11.00R12 in the Rear on stock rims? I'm guessing I wont see much height gain since these are 1" wider than stock tires.

If I wasn't limited on funds I would just buy straight street tires for the stock rims and buy new rims and tires for the lease.

Any thoughts would help.

Thanks

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@
I need to replace the stock tires on my 700-4. About 95% of the year my girls ride on pavement. I have stock rims. I was looking at the GBC Kanati Mongrel 27x9.00R12 Front and 27X11.00R12 in the Rear. They say these work well on pavement. During hunting season I'm on timber leases so every road/trail is packed well so not many bad mud holes. Even took it out yesterday when it was muddy and the tires are bald now and it still did fine.

Would it be ok to run the GBC Kanati Mongrel 27x9.00R12 Front and 27X11.00R12 in the Rear on stock rims? I'm guessing I wont see much height gain since these are 1" wider than stock tires.

If I wasn't limited on funds I would just buy straight street tires for the stock rims and buy new rims and tires for the lease.

Any thoughts would help.

Thanks
Yes the 9 & 11wide tires will be fine on stock rims that's the size I run.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@gsu6100 Welcome to the Club! Just like @bobbyhill stated that size height and width will work just fine. Those Katani Mongrels are pretty good tires on hardpack / roads / etc. I believe they are even D.O.T. certified for street legal use.

Dogjudge

Dogjudge

Sorry to bring up and old thread but I thought this was the best place to ask. I have a brand new P700-4 I want to put some rims and street tires on for summer. We do mostly fairgrounds, so the tires are to aggressive for that use. I do want them for the snow plow season though. So I can just change the tire and wheels out the fall. Any suggestions as to a cost effective but good looking/wearing tire and wheel combo? Keeping the overall height down would be great, so it fits in my toyhauler

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry to bring up and old thread but I thought this was the best place to ask. I have a brand new P700-4 I want to put some rims and street tires on for summer. We do mostly fairgrounds, so the tires are to aggressive for that use. I do want them for the snow plow season though. So I can just change the tire and wheels out the fall. Any suggestions as to a cost effective but good looking/wearing tire and wheel combo? Keeping the overall height down would be great, so it fits in my toyhauler
.... rocky Mountain atv...
has wheel tire combos...
...rmatv.com...
look at the maxxis ceros....

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check out this thread, it should have the info you need

P700 - Is anyone using automotive tires?

Dogjudge

Dogjudge

GREAT! Thank you for pointing me in that direction, now how about some reasonable rims that look good? What size should they be if I buy the street tires, Interco Hard Surface Radial ATV Tire 195/70-14, you suggested. I am not to smart on tire and rims!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I'm not too smart on that stuff either especially with a metric measurement. With the size 195/70-14, the "14" is the rim height so you need 14" rims. As for width...I'm not really sure. I want to say 7" is a fairly standard width that should work? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever you go with, my advice is getting the same size all around so you can rotate them.

Dogjudge

Dogjudge

Well, I'm not too smart on that stuff either especially with a metric measurement. With the size 195/70-14, the "14" is the rim height so you need 14" rims. As for width...I'm not really sure. I want to say 7" is a fairly standard width that should work? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever you go with, my advice is getting the same size all around so you can rotate them.
THANKS GANG< much appreciated.

Reactions: Tflynn
advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe, if you can find 12" street tires. You'll most likely just have to buy 14" wheels for the street tires. A lot of guys switch to 14" wheels. Personally I like 12" for off-road, but since you probably won't be off road with street tires, it's no problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!